British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Dicken.?

I had an old girlfriend that said this too me all the time.

Back in the 80s when people didn’t get offended.

Que the offence taken incoming.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, stevehone said:

full of admiration for the Glasgow promoters/owners, they will be a massive miss to the sport if they decide enough is enough

I think they are in it for the "long term," so I don't think they will be going anywhere soon (just my opinion, I could be wrong).

15 minutes ago, stevehone said:

full of admiration for the Glasgow promoters/owners, they will be a massive miss to the sport if they decide enough is enough

The championship needs owners like that in it, deep down everyone respects them and Poole’s I don’t think the top division club owners would give such respect.

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

I think they are in it for the "long term," so I don't think they will be going anywhere soon (just my opinion, I could be wrong).

Agreed. 

I don't know their family situation but you get the impression it's a dynasty legacy type of gig. 

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Have incy and wincy the 2 spiders from the trophy cupboard signed up for 24 yet ?:D

I see that you are still very bitter about  Glasgow, its been nice not seeing all your bitter posts for last few years. I suppose now that Workington are back in championship you will be infesting our threads again. I am glad Workington are back in championship and look forward to visiting when the Tigers are in town. Maybe you could say hello and find out that we are not the nasty folk that you think we are, or is it jealousy of our owners that is your problem. 2018 was a fantastic year for your team, shame how it ended, We would have went bust years ago if the Facenna's hadn't taken over, but thankfully they did and we have fantastic racing at Ashfield now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I see that you are still very bitter about  Glasgow, its been nice not seeing all your bitter posts for last few years. I suppose now that Workington are back in championship you will be infesting our threads again. I am glad Workington are back in championship and look forward to visiting when the Tigers are in town. Maybe you could say hello and find out that we are not the nasty folk that you think we are, or is it jealousy of our owners that is your problem. 2018 was a fantastic year for your team, shame how it ended, We would have went bust years ago if the Facenna's hadn't taken over, but thankfully they did and we have fantastic racing at Ashfield now.

Facenna’s have done a wonderful job saving Glasgow Speedway,some people just can’t accept it for what it is.Sad really.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Similarly about Scunthorpe & Godfrey.:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

Been up to Glasgow a few times since 2018, also used to go to shawfield the few years after you borrowed derwent Park, until poo gate :o so i am a speedway fan since 1970, and in the many years Workington weren't running 80's and 90's was watching speedway all over the uk and the one off world finals in europe, and a couple of gp's in Europe . Just having a bit of banter until the season starts, as not many vlubs seen to be announcing many riders, i post in peace :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

Yeah, you seem to have haters too, as well as us and Poole

Poole have been hated for such a long time ... You've got a long way to go to catch up to their level :lol: 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Been up to Glasgow a few times since 2018, also used to go to shawfield the few years after you borrowed derwent Park, until poo gate :o so i am a speedway fan since 1970, and in the many years Workington weren't running 80's and 90's was watching speedway all over the uk and the one off world finals in europe, and a couple of gp's in Europe . Just having a bit of banter until the season starts, as not many vlubs seen to be announcing many riders, i post in peace :rolleyes:

Ok, hope to see you at Northside next season, you will likely have my no 1 rider in your team, so no criticism from me