British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So let’s hear Glasgow fans thoughts. Paulco has given his opinion. Let’s hear how this 1-7 are going to emulate 23.

How about waiting until the actual 1-7 is announced before making predictions on the coming 2024 season?

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

How about waiting until the actual 1-7 is announced before making predictions on the coming 2024 season?

Yes that was only guessed by someone who I agreed with, only because Harris,Complin and Ace hadn't been released,then I seen Worrall left Poole and was told Leon was moving as for the other two just agreed lol

21 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And add into the fact the team he refers to is only posted on here.

It may well be that team but it is not official.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Poole had announced that 1-7 I would be angry and gutted and call it out for what it is. You don’t honestly, deep down, believe that is a decent side, do you?

If it's correct It's a 38 point team, the league is achieving exactly what they want by diluting the championship down.

The window on Poland has been all but closed.

I know by responding to your nonsense it'll be classed as "biting" but the reality is that every team in this league is going to be far weaker for 2024. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, lewy said:

Shovlar standing in judgment of Glasgow, good job some people don't judge him by his s.h.p.o or he would have no friends. Who would want him as a mate.

This is true.

Every part of it.

• Like 1

I know this is academic as Tom's not coming back, but if we have signed/are signing Worrall for next season, he could've fitted in with this team.

It looks like a long tail, but maybe that's how the league will look. I'd still be very concerned about reserve, but it would've been a decent team at home, which let's be honest, is where the money comes from.

image.png.8a812fb516701090d68b1e86def1f5f2.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I know this is academic as Tom's not coming back, but if we have signed/are signing Worrall for next season, he could've fitted in with this team.

It looks like a long tail, but maybe that's how the league will look. I'd still be very concerned about reserve, but it would've been a decent team at home, which let's be honest, is where the money comes from.

Don't Lee and Ace get a discount?

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Just have to have business acumen. Facenna is a successful businessman and successful businessmen don’t throw good money after bad. Like any businessman he will cut his cloth to the relative income of the club. Now he has won his title it’s clear that is happening, if the muted team is the actual team. 

Harris and Worrall are British based and affordable. Flint, Starke won’t be on big wages.  Complin, Pearson and Pijper will be on the usual rates for reserves. No paying for flights as all UK based. No big signing on fees, no paying for hotels/accomodation. Pretty much a shoestring side, and will be pretty difficult to find one put together that will be as cheap to finance.

This isn’t a dig at Glasgow at all. Some other teams might also be this weak.

So Glasgow are doing further track upgrades, building a training track, creating an Academy ( bikes already purchased and arrived from Poland) , adding more seating to the new stand on bend three, invested in TV, Radio and Newspaper advertising and several other projects going on behind the scenes , so how exactly is that 'cutting the cloth relative to income of the club' ??

Glasgow promotion are focused on investing into the SPORT and not just the club.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, TracksideView said:

So Glasgow are doing further track upgrades, building a training track, creating an Academy ( bikes already purchased and arrived from Poland) , adding more seating to the new stand on bend three, invested in TV, Radio and Newspaper advertising and several other projects going on behind the scenes , so how exactly is that 'cutting the cloth relative to income of the club' ??

Glasgow promotion are focused on investing into the SPORT and not just the club.

Wow. Truly impressive.

2025 - A Scottish GP ???

16 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Long tails all round I expect 

48 minutes ago, TracksideView said:

Glasgow are in a great position to do things that probably no other club in the country can,so fair play and well done,final two moves reqd,bring in matt ford to build your teams and Pete Adams to manage them!!

• Haha 1