British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Seems better than happening deepest Dorset riders announcing it through various channels. Feels better having quotes from riders etc on the official website imo..plus I think most fans knew most of side would be going anyway 

Yeah…..and don’t see why Marko thinks it will make a difference to our enjoyment of winning. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DJC said:

Rowe being the prime example, with the rumoured reduction he could start as a third heat leader but he's no where near that in reality yet. Dropped by Poole and don't really see where else he will end up in the CL

Of course, a five-point-plus middle-order lad (like Anders Rowe) would be signed up in jig-time if he let it be known he was available for £25 per point less than the (vastly-inflated) going rate........ 

26 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Of course, a five-point-plus middle-order lad (like Anders Rowe) would be signed up in jig-time if he let it be known he was available for £25 per point less than the (vastly-inflated) going rate........ 

Out of curiosity what is the vastly inflated going rate?

8 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I’m sure I read something recently where Bomber mentioned £90/point, and I got the feeling that was a league-mandated ceiling.

Thought Dick would have answered my question.

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I’m sure I read something recently where Bomber mentioned £90/point, and I got the feeling that was a league-mandated ceiling.

Might explain why some have said they were planning to drop Div 2?

Although "sponsors" might be able to top this up maybe? ;)

12 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Might explain why some have said they were planning to drop Div 2?

Although "sponsors" might be able to top this up maybe? ;)

I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I guess someone outside a club could sponsor a ride according to their points. But a club can't channel money through someone else. I think the league do some kind of auditing on that.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read what Bomber said, otherwise I'd point it out. He didn't say a lot, but he did reference it at some point.

51 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Harris and Ben Cook top 2. Complin and Pijper reserves. How many points does that leave for other 3?

hasnt it been said 5 of this years team leaving . if so cant be Bomber ace and lee in same team as that would mean only 4 had left

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

hasnt it been said 5 of this years team leaving . if so cant be Bomber ace and lee in same team as that would mean only 4 had left

Thought Basso, Brennan, Vissing and Tarasenko only four confirmed to not return?

Just now, phillwhitewasmad said:

The 5 include nowak and tarasenko I believe. Who took one place in the 7. So would be Ben, Tom, claus, nowak and tarasenko being the 5

• Like 1

I do love it when the "I know more than you do " brigade show up.

My assumption would be with the Riders that are leaving announced, that Bomber, Complin and Ace are most probably staying.

The trick will be to get a strong 5 in probably around the 8 mark so it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's coming from the batch of ........ King,Worral,Kerr,cook,Lawson,Nichols,howarth or Wright.

I would also assume by taking one of those at 5 to get a heat leader at 3 would be between 5.5 and 6.5, leaving two riders in the 4's - 5's to fill the second strings.

Watching what other teams are doing helps you narrow everything down.

• Like 1