British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

4 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Just a question so don’t have a go as the rules etc are confusing. How have Glasgow managed this? Have they not completed 75% of there matches?

28 day Injury replacement 

38 minutes ago, DJC said:

Rowe replaces Worrall then

Maybe the cynic in me but Rowe will come in converted prem average. Gets new average bases on previous champ results which was around 6 if memory served. Points saved on next season's team building?

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Maybe the cynic in me but Rowe will come in converted prem average. Gets new average bases on previous champ results which was around 6 if memory served. Points saved on next season's team building?

Don't think it works that way as guest appearances dont count in the averages. They didn't for Jack Smith.

Edited by Beirao

2 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Don't think it works that way as guest appearances dont count in the averages. They didn't for Jack Smith.

No I mean he'll get his 2023 champ average. Sure that's what happened with gilkes on next set of averages with Redcar. He's also not a guest now as declared in 1-7

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2

To be honest I can’t believe the side Glasgow assembled at the beginning of the season. That would not be a side to equal last seasons success and can’t believe the management couldn’t see it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

No I mean he'll get his 2023 champ average. Sure that's what happened with gilkes on next set of averages with Redcar. He's also not a guest now as declared in 1-7

See what you mean. Jack Smith may have been a different case as I dont think he had a 2023 Championship average.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

As long as Rowe races one league match, then he'd be using his 23 & 24 matches for his rolling ave. Gibes him a much better chance of finding a Champ spot in 25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

To be honest I can’t believe the side Glasgow assembled at the beginning of the season. That would not be a side to equal last seasons success and can’t believe the management couldn’t see it.

It did look a bit “ iffy”.Things haven’t gone to plan with a couple of riders and Complin just messed it up completely.

2 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Just a question so don’t have a go as the rules etc are confusing. How have Glasgow managed this? Have they not completed 75% of there matches?

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

28 day Injury replacement 

I didn't think this replacement was allowed under the rules, I make it that Glasgow have raced 15/20 matches (75% of their season). 

At that stage only change allowed is riders coming back from injury. Otherwise Redcar could've replaced Bailey with a 28 day replacement if they weren't allowed to drop him permanently?

Unless Glasgow made the change on Friday night / Saturday morning before the Plymouth match, but didn't announce it till now?

14 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I didn't think this replacement was allowed under the rules, I make it that Glasgow have raced 15/20 matches (75% of their season). 

At that stage only change allowed is riders coming back from injury. Otherwise Redcar could've replaced Bailey with a 28 day replacement if they weren't allowed to drop him permanently?

Unless Glasgow made the change on Friday night / Saturday morning before the Plymouth match, but didn't announce it till now?

Unless they close the transfer window when the 16th meeting has started as you'd then have breached the 75% instead of just hitting it, who knows :blink:

Slightly off topic but who will now ride in the pairs on Friday for Glasgow. Normally recent signings aren’t allowed and if Leon is at Cardiff as GP reserve, does this mean James Pearson will partner Bomber ?

3 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

Was built to a budget for a change  !!

42 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Slightly off topic but who will now ride in the pairs on Friday for Glasgow. Normally recent signings aren’t allowed and if Leon is at Cardiff as GP reserve, does this mean James Pearson will partner Bomber ?

I expect it will be Anders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Jack Smith has a higher average than Pearson, so he'd be next in line if Rowe & Ivacic aren't allowed

• Thanks 1