British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

32 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Just for those who haven't seen him - Jason Garrad might be 36, but he's improved massively from last season to this. I've been very impressed with him for the Chargers, he's transformed into a real heat leader. It sucks for Ace, but I'm happy for Jason. I don't think he'll set the world alight, but I'm sure he'll improve further and he won't be far off the pace. He should pick up points.

Also people need to remember Garrad may not score more than Pijper, but he was signed because they expect Ivacic to score more than Starke. Can't make one change without the other due to the points limit.

If it was a single change Garrad for Pijper I could understand the outcry

• Like 7

On 6/2/2024 at 4:47 PM, MB723 said:

No issue with either change we had to do something, bonus being James dropping to reserve which especially at home will be a trump card.

1 hour ago, Diablo said:

The Cami curve ball now played with bringing in an untried Eastern European rider but a couple of changes is what the side needed as a play off place is looking a bridge too far at the moment.

Ivacic might turn out to be another trump card like Tarasenko  last season & a cunning move from champion Cami or it’s mid table mediocrity  & Brown will really feel the heat this time.

You surely don't believe that Cami makes the hire and fire decisions? They are well above his pay grade. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beirao said:

You surely don't believe that Cami makes the hire and fire decisions? They are well above his pay grade. 

Every problem is Cami’s fault, and all success is in spite of him. I don’t make the rules… but those are the rules. He definitely lives rent free in some people’s heads though!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

What is the points limit teams can now build too? 

39.5 I believe, we were on 37.42 but Jack Smith goes up to 5.44 this Friday hence changes had to be made before then

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

What is the points limit teams can now build too? 

49.5 for Poole due to “special dispensations” (also known as the Lisa effect), 39.5 for everyone else :)

Edited by Wee Eck
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diablo said:

The Cami curve ball now played with bringing in an untried Eastern European rider but a couple of changes is what the side needed as a play off place is looking a bridge too far at the moment.

Ivacic might turn out to be another trump card like Tarasenko  last season & a cunning move from champion Cami or it’s mid table mediocrity  & Brown will really feel the heat this time.

do you really think is was his decision !! he is told what to do  by the owners 

17 minutes ago, davie10 said:

do you really think is was his decision !! he is told what to do  by the owners 

I’m guessing he probably had no input at all Michael Max however would have.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, davie10 said:

doubt that the facennas are the decision makers 

Micheal Max would have a significant input his contacts and Knowledge are second to none.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Glasgow made a huge error pre season signing starke, a rider who all but retired the year prior, they never ever come back .

Agreed, starke has struggled to score anything of real note for years, his demeanor comes across like his heart or head isn't in speedway anymore.