British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

Ivacic could be anything. Can't see him enjoying Plymouth or armadale which I believe are 2 of our remaining away ties? 

Know nothing about garrad, ace been struggling a little this year but still think bit harsh. Numbers game I suppose.

36... Wouldn't Perry have been a better bet? Seems an odd choice unless it's only 2 pointer that was interested

Edited by Jaizer

Cami Brown doing Cami Brown things. The fella is a clown. Bringing a part timer in for a rider who is getting going. Only managed as many points at Berwick due to bike problems, exclusions and crashes. If he would fit, but I don’t think he does because we’re already over the average limit, I’d have ace back at Workington.

This is bonkers . Ok maybe Ace hadn't progressed as much as we'd hoped this season,  but he's still young enough for it all to come together , and looked much better at Scunthorpe last Friday .

Suppose it's the last throw of the dice to save this season , but its a gamble and our record with untried Eastern Europeans ( Robert Nagy aside ) isn't good . Alexander Conda was the last one from that neck of the woods and he never  lasted long   

We are now very weak at reserve away from home .

• Like 2

Just now, Paulco said:

This is bonkers . Ok maybe Ace hadn't progressed as much as we'd hoped this season,  but he's still young enough for it all to come together , and looked much better at Scunthorpe last Friday .

Suppose it's the last throw of the dice to save this season , but its a gamble and our record with untried Eastern Europeans ( Robert Nagy aside ) isn't good . Alexander Conda was the last one from that neck of the woods and he never  lasted long   

Dropping Ace is harsh,another Team will benefit no doubt . Pressure on Jack Smith now IMO

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Dropping Ace is harsh,another Team will benefit no doubt . Pressure on Jack Smith now IMO

They will have burnt their bridges with the Pijpers and the younger one coming through looks pretty useful  . I despair sometimes .

• Like 4

If we didn’t make any changes by the time Jack smiths new ave came in then we would have been stuck with the same team for the rest of the season ,changes had to be made and every rider knows it’s a numbers game does it make us stronger only time will tell 

• Like 4

I'm no expert on polish speedway but looking through the updates I'm seeing one meeting in the 3rd tier scoring 5 points. In the same meeting bellego scored 13 and would also have come in on a 6. I don't see this as strengthening and as paulco says has longer term implications for the club..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Ivacic could be anything. Can't see him enjoying Plymouth or armadale which I believe are 2 of our remaining away ties? 

Know nothing about garrad, ace been struggling a little this year but still think bit harsh. Numbers game I suppose.

36... Wouldn't Perry have been a better bet? Seems an odd choice unless it's only 2 pointer that was interested

Garrad guested for Newman when Poole were at Plymouth. He didn't score but outgated the Poole riders a few times and wasn't far off the pace. I was quite surprised tbf. So he might be ok. 

Would have thought Perry would sign if asked. Unless already done a deal with another team and just not announced yet as part of a double change like at Workington, for example. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DJC said:

Doesn't smith have the higher ave as well? Surely he would be the one to let go considering the trust they've shown in Pijper so far

Jack’s home average is too good to let go. It’s unfortunate timing given Ace has just had his best week of the season, but the trouble is, they’ve been looking at team options for weeks, and this was likely done before those improved performances. It looks harsh now, but if Ace had continued his previous form for the last week, it wouldn’t look nearly as harsh - he’d hardly beaten an opposition rider all season.

Before last week, I’d have (reluctantly) said, for Ace’s long term benefit, it was probably better to have him focus on the NDL where he can do well, rather than continually get beaten and lose confidence in the Championship.

Awkward timing, but removing the emotion from the decision, I see why it’s been done. I’m sure fans will be split down the middle about whether it’s right or not, but if they’d done nothing, they’d be taking heat from the other 50%.

• Like 7

If we were going to sign a Slovenian , could we not have bent the rules to sign Zagar lol 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Jack will be in main body and Pearson will be at reserve , I should think as Jack goes up to over 5

• Like 1