British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

5 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Our season is going nowhere which is disappointing after last year's success , we sorely miss the excitement and scoring power of Basso, he was worth entrance money alone. Dropping the points limit so dramatically has affected us more than most as had to lose a few, not bringing back Claus was a major faux pax, I think Tom was always going to leave.

Ben was always going to leave the Campionship after last season but i agree about Claus. However, apart from Anders Rowe, which other regular rider has been squeezed out of the Championship this year due to the drop in averages who actually wanted a team place this season? 

• Like 1

Not having my usual wind up, but my question is where are the riders some fans are wanting to come into the team,  most top riders have previously said they are not doing this league,  and most of the other decent riders are already riding in this league.  Imo the team you have is this year's team working to a budget (for a change) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Not having my usual wind up, but my question is where are the riders some fans are wanting to come into the team,  most top riders have previously said they are not doing this league,  and most of the other decent riders are already riding in this league.  Imo the team you have is this year's team working to a budget (for a change) 

What is our budget ?.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Alan Dick did not want foreigners due to the extreme difficulty in reorganising rain offs last season with most of our riders in various leagues

Shock horror! Do you mean Cami Brown doesn't pick the team! 

• Haha 1

Foord really impressed me today, made some good passing moves. Outscored a lot of guys with more experience of the track. 

If we needed to bring in a 2 pointer at any point he'd get my vote

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Foord really impressed me today, made some good passing moves. Outscored a lot of guys with more experience of the track. 

I think you might be a bit late!!!

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Too late

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Jody Scott might be available, but not sure what agreement he has with Oxford.

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

He caught my eye too with his first couple of rides but then I noticed he didn't change lines at all, irrespective of where anyone else was. 

Not trying to be over critical of a novice but he'd really have impressed if he had tried a Plan B at any time. 

Obviously that would come with experience. 

Fact is Foord looked a better bet than Pijper today.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:35 PM, Weeyin said:

Alan Dick did not want foreigners due to the extreme difficulty in reorganising rain offs last season with most of our riders in various leagues

With Tarasenko, Basso and Vissing that's perhaps understandable but we couldn't manage just Vissing this year I find hard to believe. If the above is true we've created a bottom three side to suit the admin of the team rather than whats best for the team.

Edited by MD
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Not the slightest hint that the management are pondering options. Is it really an early exit for us on the back of a championship win?

Our next meeting is 21 June. They have time on their side. They're also not going to give a running commentary.