British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Where do we go now? Sign smith for the season and not have the string reserve we were built to have or do a bit of a rebuild? 

Think we need to use this as an excuse for a rebuild tbh, don't know who we can bring in though but that would decide who's dropped

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Where do we go now? Sign smith for the season and not have the strong reserve we were built to have or do a bit of a rebuild? 

Mini rebuild if poss. With Starke out as well. I'd keep the others as I think they will improve over the season. 

1 minute ago, MB723 said:

Think we need to use this as an excuse for a rebuild tbh, don't know who we can bring in though but that would decide who's dropped

Riss, Rowe, Gilkes? Not sure on averages as assume will be converted prem averages and not their 2023 champ versions would come in on. Would they be available even with Poland?  I think we have a gap in fixtures if ever was a chance this would be it I'd say

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Riss, Rowe, Gilkes? Not sure on averages as assume will be converted prem averages and not their 2023 champ versions would come in on. Would they be available even with Poland?  I think we have a gap in fixtures if ever was a chance this would be it I'd say

Wanted Rowe at the start of the season so I wouldn't be too unhappy though would he be on a ~5.80 average which he would have been on if he started the season (i think) or a 6.45 converted average. Might be too big and poland could get in the way. U21 in a few weeks maybe someone there could be signed if they have a good showing (and arent unattached)? Might also wait for June averages to get that extra 0.5 limit? We're in a bit of an awkward spot for changes.

6 minutes ago, MB723 said:

Wanted Rowe at the start of the season so I wouldn't be too unhappy though would he be on a ~5.80 average which he would have been on if he started the season (i think) or a 6.45 converted average. Might be too big and poland could get in the way. U21 in a few weeks maybe someone there could be signed if they have a good showing (and arent unattached)? Might also wait for June averages to get that extra 0.5 limit? We're in a bit of an awkward spot for changes.

Yeah most definitely. Jody Scott would prob be the best of 2 pointers if took a chance on one to have a stronger 1-5. 14 day extension of facility takes us to towards end of month so yeah might persevere until then

16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah most definitely. Jody Scott would prob be the best of 2 pointers if took a chance on one to have a stronger 1-5. 14 day extension of facility takes us to towards end of month so yeah might persevere until then

I’d assume the likes of Keynan Rew is too tied up in foreign leagues?  I see he’s on a 4.00 average in the Prem. Don’t know what the current conversion is.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Can’t see Oxford letting him go to ride championship think they  will want to keep him on a 2 for next season 

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Facility ends on May 30 and we only have one meeting in that fortnight - at home to Redcar on May 24. However we would have no facility at Armadale on May 31. 

On 5/14/2024 at 2:47 PM, mac101 said:

AMB Transponders the ones we use in speedway are more for counting laps and timing each lap and are really Only used in MX and stock cars and the cheapest version  on the market not really for first passed the post to the 100th of a second or the speed that speedway bikes go  www.mylaps.com  we use them  in mx you can log into the websight after each race and get all the information on each  race also if the battery is fully charged in one and another is less than half power the fully charged one will get picked up before the half charged one 

Think how  many time in Speedway GPs do we see the replay of a tight finish being shown to see who finishes first because they can’t rely on their transponders there really no good for our sport 

All riders have this week been sent a memo showing how to adjust the position of the transponder. It no longer sits on top of the h frame at the top of the forks.

it has to face downwards.

How the hell did we get to May, at least 2 wrong results, one at Sheffield and one at Glasgow, and not know they are fitted wrong. There is even a pouch behind the fork covers, which is further forward than the h frame, but the memo does not say you cannot use the pouch.

With the knowledge of the inconsistent fitting and the resulting false readings , surely the video evidence which is absolute, should be used and the results amended of the two matches affected.

• Like 3

As frustrating as it was to have the wrong result, amending results later is a can of worms best avoided. If you think speedway looks amateur now, introduce that and it'll be an order of magnitude worse.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Where do we go now? Sign smith for the season and not have the strong reserve we were built to have or do a bit of a rebuild? 

But if you have a rebuild & sign a 2.00 rider, they are even weaker at reserve. Need to make sure the new top 5 rider will score lots more than Starke.

Do you take the gamble and try and persuade a new rider from the continent over, hoping they would out perform their assessed average? Or even see if Marcin can commit for the full season. There must be at least one good rider over there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MB723 said:

Do you take the gamble and try and persuade a new rider from the continent over, hoping they would out perform their assessed average? Or even see if Marcin can commit for the full season. There must be at least one good rider over there.

There is lots of very good riders over there, problem is the SCB have made it virtually impossible to bring any over.

9 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

All riders have this week been sent a memo showing how to adjust the position of the transponder. It no longer sits on top of the h frame at the top of the forks.

it has to face downwards.

How the hell did we get to May, at least 2 wrong results, one at Sheffield and one at Glasgow, and not know they are fitted wrong. There is even a pouch behind the fork covers, which is further forward than the h frame, but the memo does not say you cannot use the pouch.

With the knowledge of the inconsistent fitting and the resulting false readings , surely the video evidence which is absolute, should be used and the results amended of the two matches affected.

If you class the drone footage from Ashfield as absolute then I wish I had your xray vision, it certainly shows how close all 3 behind Worrall were going over the line but it in no way is it ‘absolute’ in showing who got it either way 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

There is lots of very good riders over there, problem is the SCB have made it virtually impossible to bring any over.

Isn't it Brexit that has dammed the flow of new riders, rather than the SCB? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Isn't it Brexit that has dammed the flow of new riders, rather than the SCB? 

Didn't they change the rule because of the tarasenko situation that new poles are on a 7 or something? But we could sign a dane who hasn't ridden here but has in the extraliga on a 5 still. Can't remember exact wording of it but how was explained to me was Marcin who ride 3rd division last season would be a 7 but mads Hansen would be a 5. 

Sure some of the rulebook experts know the exact change but essentially meant that particular route would be closed