British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

• 2 weeks later...

If Glasgow are looking to strengthen their team, do they give up on Complin returning, keep Smith & use the spare points to replace Starke?

Glasgow  
Chris Harris 9.29
Steve Worrall 8.09
Leon Flint 6.60
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
James Pearson 4.20
Ace Pijper 3.03
Jack Smith 3.00
Total 38.48

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

If Glasgow are looking to strengthen their team, do they give up on Complin returning, keep Smith & use the spare points to replace Starke?

Glasgow  
Chris Harris 9.29
Steve Worrall 8.09
Leon Flint 6.60
Zaine Kennedy 4.27
James Pearson 4.20
Ace Pijper 3.03
Jack Smith 3.00
Total 38.48

Most of the Tigers figures are lower after the Workington meeting this afternoon  and with the limit being increased to 39 wef from June, I would expect them to wait until then before making any changes. Only two meetings remaining in May - Redcar at home in the league and the lost cause that is the away to Edinburgh in the BSN - so no real problem deferring until then. Might even manage a 5.00 replacement. Who knows.  

Worrall is an odd one. He’s very much all fart, no sh*te.

His performances are quite predictable; more often than not, he’ll give you seven or eight points from his first three rides, but when it matters most in heats 13 and 15, there’s little to nothing on offer.

I noticed it in the Play-Off Final last season and although I didn’t see either meeting, his scores against Scunthorpe in the KO Cup Final reiterate that.

In an ideal world, those struggles are compensated for with your third heat leaders and second strings, but unfortunately for us, neither Flint or Starke appear to bear any sort of form this season.

Also, I know Worrall won the “super heat” last night, but that doesn’t count. I refuse to entertain such 90s MLS-like nonsense additions to meetings.

I forgot to add - was there a reason for Cami Brown and Alan Dick darting off into the sunset about six seconds after Cook and Batchelor crossed the line in heat 15?

I left immediately after the chequered flag was raised and they were in their car and off before I had even left the stadium.

Of course, I hope everything is okay, but if so, I found it odd that the team manager would bolt so soon after a disappointing loss, including the bonus point.

Add that to Harris’ “tantrum” after heat eleven and Starke’s jolly for a can, I can’t help but feel that not all is well in paradise.

3 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

His performances are quite predictable; more often than not, he’ll give you seven or eight points from his first three rides, but when it matters most in heats 13 and 15, there’s little to nothing on offer.

I noticed it in the Play-Off Final last season and although I didn’t see either meeting, his scores against Scunthorpe in the KO Cup Final reiterate that.

In an ideal world, those struggles are compensated for with your third heat leaders and second strings, but unfortunately for us, neither Flint or Starke appear to bear any sort of form this season.

Also, I know Worrall won the “super heat” last night, but that doesn’t count. I refuse to entertain such 90s MLS-like nonsense additions to meetings.

You are completely right he is very very predictable. 

He has scored so far this season and wait for it it's "predictable"

9 away at Workington, 9 away at Oxford ,9 at home against Edinburgh, 9 at home against Oxford oh and 9 at home against Berwick

I believe engine issues was the problem for the Workington at home match.

He was signed on an 8.04 average, did we suddenly think that when he signed for Glasgow he'd be banging in 12 points a meeting????

So I wouldn't say he's "all Fart and no sh*tes"

I'd say he's more 9 farts and probably 9 sh*tes

If bookies took bets on how many Steve Worral is going to score in a night, I'd be putting your money on probably 9 :rofl:

Edited by Cast1rn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Most Wolverhampton fans considered Stevie to be the best #2 in the League. :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I forgot to add - was there a reason for Cami Brown and Alan Dick darting off into the sunset about six seconds after Cook and Batchelor crossed the line in heat 15?

I left immediately after the chequered flag was raised and they were in their car and off before I had even left the stadium.

Of course, I hope everything is okay, but if so, I found it odd that the team manager would bolt so soon after a disappointing loss, including the bonus point.

Add that to Harris’ “tantrum” after heat eleven and Starke’s jolly for a can, I can’t help but feel that not all is well in paradise.

I guess you learn about people's character when things go wrong / they are losing, rather when they are winning. Glasgow are used to always being near the top, so perhaps they've forgotten how to take losing with dignity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know uou tigger fans are a bit unhappy about your teams performance,  but remember you still have speedway and good people bank rolling you, if you complain too much these people may disappear,  then where will Glasgow be ??

Another point if the team is not performing sometimes the manager has to go . Who would you ditch 1st a under performing manager or rider :rolleyes::D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

You are completely right he is very very predictable. 

He has scored so far this season and wait for it it's "predictable"

9 away at Workington, 9 away at Oxford ,9 at home against Edinburgh, 9 at home against Oxford oh and 9 at home against Berwick

I believe engine issues was the problem for the Workington at home match.

He was signed on an 8.04 average, did we suddenly think that when he signed for Glasgow he'd be banging in 12 points a meeting????

So I wouldn't say he's "all Fart and no sh*tes"

I'd say he's more 9 farts and probably 9 sh*tes

If bookies took bets on how many Steve Worral is going to score in a night, I'd be putting your money on probably 9 :rofl:

This post appears littered with sarcasm, so I’m not quite sure whether it’s in agreement with me or in disagreement. Very cloak and dagger.

The historical phrase of ”lies, damned lies and statistics”, I feel, is very much applicable to Steve Worrall.

Like I said, you’re guaranteed at least seven or eight points from his first three riders in weaker heats, but come heats 13 and 15 - when meetings are won and lost - he’s lacking.

I noticed it against us in the Play-Off Final and noted it in the KO Cup Final against Scunthorpe last season.

Let’s use yesterday as a prime example. Eight from his first three rides; great. The meeting defining heat 13? He’s on the tail end of a 5-1 until Cook’s engine runs out of Nutella. Heat 15, an opportunity for Glasgow to secure the bonus point and even a draw on the day? He’s on the tail end of a 5-1.

1 hour ago, Neila said:

I know uou tigger fans are a bit unhappy about your teams performance,  but remember you still have speedway and good people bank rolling you, if you complain too much these people may disappear,  then where will Glasgow be ??

Another point if the team is not performing sometimes the manager has to go . Who would you ditch 1st a under performing manager or rider :rolleyes::D

That first paragraph is the thought process of someone with an inferiority complex and self-worth issues.

We’re from Glesga, we don’t have either. If things are going sh*te, we let it be known.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

A rider can improve by improving they're equipment and fitness, can a team manager improve if they make the same mistakes?

13 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

The meeting was finished.

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2024 at 12:12 AM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Worrall finished ahead of Harris in Heats 13 and 15 as well

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Diablo said:

Any comments from Cami yet regarding the 2nd  defeat in 24hrs…he usually loves to put himself in front of media ? 

prob have to wait untill a BSN meeting so he can air his views on another  defeat on tv to the millions of supportes who like to see/hear him come up with a new take on defeat .

BTW   Glasgow fans were great on saturdeay afternoon, even in defeat . welcome back any time .Cammi had to pop into GT tyres on the way home to put some  remoulds on the 2 front  wheels as he burnt them pff .thought he was doing a burnout  to celebrate .

Edited by j2ohh
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Diablo said:

Any comments from Cami yet regarding the 2nd  defeat in 24hrs…he usually loves to put himself in front of media ? 

He said Harris got it on the line(against Edinburgh) and the Ref was wrong he asked the the Ref and he told Cami he went with the transponder and Cami told him to forget about the transponders.AYE RIGHT Cami.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

Transponders the VAR of speedway,  have heard they are not working at all tracks, also heard Mr Godfrey had a choice which ones to buy, he choose the cheap option  rather than the ones that work  :D