British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

On 2/25/2024 at 3:05 PM, IronScorpion said:

NOT for Scunthorpe.:nono:

I thought EVERY rider had to be available to ride for Scunthorpe on a Friday..... :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Given our issues at reserve and lack of availability of guests on Fridays are we at stage should sign smudge on a 28 day deal? Scunny only signed him to NDL side so we'd get priority 

If we want to guarantee he races for us with no other bookings getting in the way, yes.

But I don't think we need to in order to get around the 8 day rule, as he is only declared in an NDL team, so I don't think that causes us a problem.

Just now, Noelinho said:

If we want to guarantee he races for us with no other bookings getting in the way, yes.

But I don't think we need to in order to get around the 8 day rule, as he is only declared in an NDL team, so I don't think that causes us a problem.

Scunny riding on a Friday I would say is the problem, if don't sign him he'd be at Redcar for them hence unavailable to us

58 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Scunny riding on a Friday I would say is the problem, if don't sign him he'd be at Redcar for them hence unavailable to us

I think the dragging out of the disciplinary hearing for Lee has now become more relevant with Ace out.

Would guess our promotion will be onto the SCB to move this on quicker now we are in the position off having no reserves.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Possibly. Guess it depends who he wants to take a booking from. Although given he scored paid 12 at Ashfield last week, he might think that's the best prospect.

I'm sure the promotion would've at least had a chat with him after last Friday's meeting. There were definitely people telling Cami to get it done!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Smith is in a decent position with Glasgow & Scunthorpe needing a reserve guest. Can choose to race at whichever track suits him best?

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Smith is in a decent position with Glasgow & Scunthorpe needing a reserve guest. Can choose to race at whichever track suits him best?

I was under impression had an agreement with scunny would ride for them but I could be wrong. Never thought he be so much in demand!

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

I think the dragging out of the disciplinary hearing for Lee has now become more relevant with Ace out.

Would guess our promotion will be onto the SCB to move this on quicker now we are in the position off having no reserves.

Promotion have a "facility" to replace him until May 17th.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Given our issues at reserve and lack of availability of guests on Fridays are we at stage should sign smudge on a 28 day deal? Scunny only signed him to NDL side so we'd get priority 

Pijper will be riding on Friday. 

On 4/29/2024 at 12:59 PM, Cerro said:

Pijper will be riding on Friday. 

No he won't.  Its Berwick's Freddie Hodder guesting along with Jack Smith at reserve