British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He struggles at Poole a lot, so better off at Glasgow tbf. 

To be fair who doesn’t struggle at Poole , is it the track or is it the doctoring of the track.

Sorry meant to say preparation what’s that predictive text like mention the Poole track and immediately your phone predicts doctoring.

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

To be fair who doesn’t struggle at Poole , is it the track or is it the doctoring of the track.

Sorry meant to say preparation what’s that predictive text like mention the Poole track and immediately your phone predicts doctoring.

Bomber didn't struggle even when they pulled all the dirt to the inside  he just rode around the inside and beat them :rofl:

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Bomber didn't struggle even when they pulled all the dirt to the inside  he just rode around the inside and beat them :rofl:

Bomber is a different animal to your typical rider.

Remind me again mate was that the Play off final meeting he toyed with them.

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Bomber is a different animal to your typical rider.

Remind me again mate was that the Play off final meeting he toyed with them.

Can't quite remember,I know it was last season, I'm sure someone will help us out! Lisa-colette??

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

One meeting in 2022, 4 rides, one point, fell off once.

So 2022 he would have been 16 possibly just 17 yrs old first time he's ever been to Wimborne Road and lisa reckons he struggles alot at Poole! Hardly a truthful or even a reasonable opinion  basically making stuff up to fit an agenda. Probably gets it it from Skidder1 one he's a  master at doing that. Thanks for the info.:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, lewy said:

So 2022 he would have been 16 possibly just 17 yrs old first time he's ever been to Wimborne Road and lisa reckons he struggles alot at Poole! Hardly a truthful or even a reasonable opinion  basically making stuff up to fit an agenda. Probably gets it it from Skidder1 one he's a  master at doing that. Thanks for the info.:t:

In that meeting he struggled at Poole a lot imo (when others were saying he was the next Darcy when he came over). Don't see how that is untruthful or hard to understand. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

In that meeting he struggled at Poole a lot imo (when others were saying he was the next Darcy when he came over). Don't see how that is untruthful or hard to understand. 

Haven't seen anyone saying he's the next darcy tbh,only you saying they have unless you can prove otherwise. Anyway I think he's far to sensible to be compared to him imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

He wont be an asset for Glasgow because he's owned by Belle Vue.

Apologies - wrong use of the word Asset, yes he belongs to Bellevue but what I meant was he could be a long term rider for Glasgow and race the top tier with Bellevue. Young enough to build a future with the club.

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The only people who mention Darcy was the press, and they seem to jump on anyone who comes from Australia - Darcy has had nothing to do with Pearson’s career, (Jason Crump has been the one who has been by his side from the beginning) why can’t he be just himself - I personally hate how people try and compare new riders with the past - just let them be and let them forge their own identities in the sport.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He struggles at Poole a lot, so better off at Glasgow tbf. 

He has raced at Poole once in 2022, 17 YO and had never even seen or been on the track - what did you expect? A 15 point maximum? to be honest who didn’t struggle at Poole on their first go at that track. The question is would you be saying the same thing is he signed with you Lisa? Probably not :-)

10 hours ago, lewy said:

Haven't seen anyone saying he's the next darcy tbh,only you saying they have unless you can prove otherwise. Anyway I think he's far to sensible to be compared to him imo.

7 hours ago, Wow68 said:

The only people who mention Darcy was the press, and they seem to jump on anyone who comes from Australia - Darcy has had nothing to do with Pearson’s career, (Jason Crump has been the one who has been by his side from the beginning) why can’t he be just himself - I personally hate how people try and compare new riders with the past - just let them be and let them forge their own identities in the sport.

Thanks for confirming :t:Saves me looking up things from 2 years ago. Also think there was one Brum fan on here who said he was potentially going to be as good as Darcy but think that was to do with age more than anything. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Thanks for confirming :t:Saves me looking up things from 2 years ago. Also think there was one Brum fan on here who said he was potentially going to be as good as Darcy but think that was to do with age more than anything. 

Can you prove that last bit or just making it up?? 

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lisa said she thinks there was a fan who said it so I don't know why she would need to prove it.

Yeah exactly! If I named them then I would have to prove it. Depends if I can be bothered to find posts from 2 years ago really.