British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Just shows how diluted the league is getting, all teams will look a shadow of there former self’s.

Personally next season was ideal for us to make the next step up but alas not to be.

I agree gaz ..I'm not that keen on paying more money for a Continuing weakened product, look at the team Sheffield are preparing & look at us night & day the difference why wo t glasgow at least give it a try 

1 minute ago, Barabas said:

I agree gaz ..I'm not that keen on paying more money for a Continuing weakened product, look at the team Sheffield are preparing & look at us night & day the difference why wo t glasgow at least give it a try 

Difference being Sheffield have 40pts to play with for 6 riders + Rising Star. 38pts in Championship is ridiculous.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Barabas said:

They revert to the local Derby scenario Edinburgh, Berwick and now Workington moving up.

My own thoughts are to better yourself as a club is to compete with the best.

Bottom line it’s there money and there decision not to take that next step. Problem with the weakening of this league may put some off dependant on the opposition .

I am sure there will be more than a few will pick and choose what meetings they attend .

If that is our 1-7 then it doesn’t exactly wet the appetite with what we have had the past few seasons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gazc said:

They revert to the local Derby scenario Edinburgh, Berwick and now Workington moving up.

My own thoughts are to better yourself as a club is to compete with the best.

Bottom line it’s there money and there decision not to take that next step. Problem with the weakening of this league may put some off dependant on the opposition .

I am sure there will be more than a few will pick and choose what meetings they attend .

If that is our 1-7 then it doesn’t exactly wet the appetite with what we have had the past few seasons.

Can’t argue with that Gazc……if it IS the team though, it will still have my support but I was hoping that a surprise signing was going to be pulled out of the hat…….

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t believe they would sign Stark.

Good solid rider years ago but I suspect the injuries are catching up , This team building to 38 points is starting to look more ridiculous by the minute if that is the rumoured side.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Good solid rider years ago but I suspect the injuries are catching up , This team building to 38 points is starting to look more ridiculous by the minute if that is the rumoured side.

Agree with regarding the watering down of the sport.It’s not really doing anything to attract new fans with its Mickey Mouse set up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

To be fair Paul has usually done very well for us in the past, although a bit injury prone , however with good machinery,  he should definitely increase his current average. 

If a rider who has ridden all these year and can’t sort out decent machinery tells me something I’m afraid.

• Like 1

To an extent I understand going for a predominantly British side. Out with bombers long track commitments shouldn't be great deal involved with rearranging meetings unlike this season. But can't pretend I'm excited by that 7. Worrall, solid though he is, doesn't replace basso in points and certainly not in entertainment value. Let's hope the rumours are wrong lol

• Like 3