British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers 2024

6 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Can't remember the last genuinely good season he had. Obviously had an eye on this season during 2022, but he was far from the rider I'm sure Glasgow were expecting.

Signed on a 5, averaged 7. Not sure that can be seen as anything but a successful signing.

33 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If brother Steve is leaving Poole would that be too high an average for a top 2 under this new limit? Only leaves about 21 points for your remaining 5 spots

That would be interesting with the " well behaved Worral" being on here lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Picko is just average rider in Poland a couple of poor matches and you’re out over there.Excuses are not accepted.Looks like he’s worked that one out.

44 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Picko is just average rider in Poland a couple of poor matches and you’re out over there.Excuses are not accepted.Looks like he’s worked that one out.

Maybe it was a ploy all along to get a southern CL team closer to his home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

The wording there that he needs 2 Leagues in the UK to make it pay is partly why British Speedways in the mess it's in, he see's it as a cash cow because Polands possibly not worked out for him.

There should be no doubling up/down except for British Riders under 24

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, MillenTheVillen said:

The wording there that he needs 2 Leagues in the UK to make it pay is partly why British Speedways in the mess it's in, he see's it as a cash cow because Polands possibly not worked out for him.

Plenty fans have been saying that for years.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Plenty fans have been saying that for years.

If he wants to ride CL (no issue with that at all) it should be his Pl Average (that being the higher Level) 6.78 x 1.5 = 10.17 and be the only League he rides in in the UK

If he wants to do PL then its his 6.78 Average

This should apply to everyone (again except U24 Brits)

This isn't rocket science.

More just playing with averages but these might work if it's a 38 point limit (if I've done the brit reductions right)

1. Bomber 8.95*
  2. Lawson 8.48*
  3. Bailey 5.23*
  4. Fredriksen 4.57
  5. Borke 4.00
  6. Complin 3.50*
  7. Pijper 3.17*

Total 37.90

Or

1. Bomber 8.95*
  2. Kye Thompson 6.48
  3. Rowe 5.80*
  4. Bailey 5.23*
  5. D Thompson/Hume 4.86*/4.84
  6. Complin 3.50*
  7. Pijper 3.17*

Total 37.99/37.97

(* with reduction)

Don't think either are at all likely but an idea of how a team could look?

7 hours ago, MillenTheVillen said:

Cannot blame the riders though...

Div 2 Promoters have been happy to use Div 1 HL's, and also not use RS's, therefore they have been more than happy with the arrangements...

Best of both worlds .

You only have to read on the threads how poorly any possible "diluting of the league" is being received to see that the fans too are more than happy watching Div 1 HL's, with some complaining about admission costs needing to be reduced for a "lesser product" . 

These fans will have been happy though, for example, to watch Sam Masters top the averages in Div 2, for less money than Div 1 fans paid to watch him topping the monthly Div 1 averages at the same time, as happened the season before last..

Given the lack of rider development, and organic growth structure to the leagues over the past two decades or so, doubling up/down is simply now part of the sport...

Riders, Promoters and Fans all require it...

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Cannot blame the riders though...

Div 2 Promoters have been happy to use Div 1 HL's, and also not use RS's, therefore they have been more than happy with the arrangements...

Best of both worlds .

You only have to read on the threads how poorly any possible "diluting of the league" is being received to see that the fans too are more than happy watching Div 1 HL's, with some complaining about admission costs needing to be reduced for a "lesser product" . 

These fans will have been happy though, for example, to watch Sam Masters top the averages in Div 2, for less money than Div 1 fans paid to watch him topping the monthly Div 1 averages at the same time, as happened the season before last..

Given the lack of rider development, and organic growth structure to the leagues over the past two decades or so, doubling up/down is simply now part of the sport...

Riders, Promoters and Fans all require it...

Imo the racing should be better with "diluting the league" as you put it, we all know the racing Is better when there's 4 like for like riders in a race be that 4 x GP stars or 4 x 125 lads.

Younger riders are never going be able to compete with lining up against PL no1s in the Championship, but this season has proved the young Brits can compete against 2nd strings there and it's improving them.

All I see and read is we want changes, now there's changes everyone's moaning about it, people accepted riders taking sweeties off kids in the NDL was wrong and they shouldn't be allowed to ride there, well the same's been happening in the CL and hopefully now that's being stopped/limited too and they'l do away with Doubling up altogether except for U24 Brits.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Just for fun within the rumoured 38 point limit……assuming we’re keeping Bomber, Lee and Ace.

Harris, Pickering, Zische, Hume, Borke, Complin, Pijper.   37.96  (maybe too many can run a bit hot and cold though)

I can see Harris, Danyon, Lee and Ace starting for the Tigers in 2024 but i don't think Pickering is interested in the Championship anymore. Also i can't see a third heat leader in your septet.

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

I can see Harris, Danyon, Lee and Ace starting for the Tigers in 2024 but i don't think Pickering is interested in the Championship anymore. Also i can't see a third heat leader in your septet.

3 heat leaders in a 38 limit just isn’t really going to work, also not going to be enough riders for 3 heat leaders in each team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

3 heat leaders in a 38 limit just isn’t really going to work, also not going to be enough riders for 3 heat leaders in each team.

I know that but neither Danyon or Borke come close to being regular winning scorers from the 3 and 4 positions. 

Edited by Nickinho

37 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I take it you didn’t see his statement about a possible turnaround.