British Speedway Forum

NDLRC take 2 Sunday 15th October

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

A lot of fuss over Thompson & Ablitt riding at Scunthorpe but I don't understand why that means there are nine changes :blink:

Injuries mainly. Those I know of include Dan Thompson, Jordan Jenkins, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles plus Steve Boxall suspended.

41 minutes ago, tocha said:

Injuries mainly. Those I know of include Dan Thompson, Jordan Jenkins, Alfie Bowtell, Connor Coles plus Steve Boxall suspended.

Dan was riding at Leicester last night. So unless that exhausting parade lap did for him...

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Dan was riding at Leicester last night. So unless that exhausting parade lap did for him...

At the time of the line-up being compiled, Dan was unsure whether he would be fit for racing.

He did a couple of 'test' laps at Leicester last night, as did Lee Complin, who fell. The meeting was cancelled without a race being started.

43 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

bailey wins with 15 pt max

and exciting and worrying news that comets will be in championship in 2024 

And probably bust again before the season is done.  I understand that the crowds have really dropped from the opening day. Maybe because there hasn't been a really successful team, and next season must be a worry as people won't turn out to see a side lose every week. I would guess that the area of Workington can only appeal to a certain amount of Speedway fans, and most of those will only go if the Comets are winning all the time. Hope i've got it all wrong,(and good luck) but it must a worry.

My third visit to Workington this season and I just love the place . Track has to be the widest in the country and its great news they are moving up . 

As for yesterday , a bit of a Sunday afternoon stroll in the sun for Connor Bailey , winning races by half a lap at times . But an enjoyable meeting nevertheless . Can't wait to watch Bomber blast round the outside of those bends next season 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paulco said:

My third visit to Workington this season and I just love the place . Track has to be the widest in the country and its great news they are moving up . 

As for yesterday , a bit of a Sunday afternoon stroll in the sun for Connor Bailey , winning races by half a lap at times . But an enjoyable meeting nevertheless . Can't wait to watch Bomber blast round the outside of those bends next season 

not followed the forum regularly since comets closed last time 

but remember you and always found your posts fairly unbiassed and you come across well as a speedway fan who knows the crack  not just post towards your own track 

• Like 1