British Speedway Forum

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Now your getting closer ;)

We will know tomorrow if he is correct. I am hopeful of a good meeting and close racing, may not be our night in the end but we are not giving up just yet. Alot of people are saying it will be easy even though we are 14 points down so that is reverse psychology too as like you they are the ones who want us to lose.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

We’re being pedantic here, are we not?

Off the top of my head, Harris passed the two Cook’s in heat ten, then Lawson and Worrall in heat fifteen. As you mentioned, Tarasenko and Thompson had a really good battle shortly after Tarasenko and Ben Cook were wheel-to-wheel for two laps before the Russian passed him in heat seven. You’ve even got Complin passing Thompson, Basso passed Newman before Complin did the same, but fell off. Need I go on?

A bizarre observation to make. That wasn’t the 2007 British GP or 1996 PLRC, but that was a very good Speedway meeting last night; let’s celebrate it, not downplay it. That’s the last thing this sport needs.

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There wasn't masses of passing last night. Only towards the end of the meeting when Bomber didn't gate. Even Basso couldn't find a way past in H15. 

See above Lisa.

I’m not saying last night was the greatest meeting ever raced, but it’s outright nonsense to suggest there was no passing.

If every meeting in the UK consistently included the number of passes I’ve mentioned in my quote above, Speedway in this country would be in significantly better shape.

12 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

See above Lisa.

I’m not saying last night was the greatest meeting ever raced, but it’s outright nonsense to suggest there was no passing.

If every meeting in the UK consistently included the number of passes I’ve mentioned in my quote above, Speedway in this country would be in significantly better shape.

Even the commentators mentioned there wasnt much passing early on which there wasnt . You look at updates most races say ftg.

Edited by foreverblue

20 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

See above Lisa.

Lisa did not say there wasnt any passing . Glasgow .Ashfield is one of the best racetracks we have especially now Peterborough has gone and racing is usually terrific .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lisa did not say there wasnt any passing . Glasgow .Ashfield is one of the best racetracks we have especially now Peterborough has gone and racing is usually terrific .

Was only 4/5 races probably last night. The biblical rain and time of the year obviously had an effect on it. Fact was any kind of passing or racing I thought was huge testament to the track staff. Sorry to be broken record but as with Ipswich at Sheffield and Sheffield at Ipswich we're running the biggest meetings of the season at the least optimal time of the year. 

Why do we run Bsn trophy at start of season for example and not end? Go straight into league racing could have it wrapped up by end of August and then can move onto a tournament that sure teams would like to win but if run in poor conditions then more acceptable imo. Might even extend some clubs seasons who don't make play offs too (not in terms of more meetings but fans not having any home matches after August can't be easy)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Was only 4/5 races probably last night. The biblical rain and time of the year obviously had an effect on it. Fact was any kind of passing or racing I thought was huge testament to the track staff. Sorry to be broken record but as with Ipswich at Sheffield and Sheffield at Ipswich we're running the biggest meetings of the season at the least optimal time of the year. 

Why do we run Bsn trophy at start of season for example and not end? Go straight into league racing could have it wrapped up by end of August and then can move onto a tournament that sure teams would like to win but if run in poor conditions then more acceptable imo. Might even extend some clubs seasons who don't make play offs too (not in terms of more meetings but fans not having any home matches after August can't be easy)

We have BSN at start so we have an early tournament to kick it all off. We had play offs in November last season and that was a damp squib because Leicester could not run it at their track. Weather plays a part throughout the season but there has to be a better way, maybe run all the cup matches at the end. This year it was a bit silly with the 3 team league to see who made the final, just have top four in semi finals .

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Flat white update......... won't be avin one today as coach delayed on M1, think there's been a crash.

No idea when I'll be getting in to London, no idea when I'll be arriving in to Bournemouth.

Trackprat will disappointed there is no flat white 

Looking forward to this evening. Pirates need to get off to a decent start and pile the pressure on Glasgow from the early heats. Not going to be easy and previous results this season are not relevant. We all know Harris will be a man on a mission and when he is on this type of form is virtually impossible to beat. Expecting him to score very heavily. If Basso backs him up and Tarasenko takes a liking to the Poole track it’s going to be a tough ask to pull back the 14 points.

However, Poole have been solid this season and as long as our heat leaders do their job, and Zack, Kyle and Joe back them to the best of their ability, victory is achievable. 

The latest forecast is for the weather to remain dry and let’s hope it does until after the meeting. Let the best team win and if it’s Glasgow, then well done to them. And I will be happy to congratulate them.

• Like 1