British Speedway Forum

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He scored 6 tonight from his programmed rides … and 9 from 5 in the home leg….. that’s not a 9 average performance 

The Poole mafia will say it was and Edinburgh fans but in the final Pooles top riders haven’t shown up 

Still had a massive effect on the side as whole. Moving Brennan from riding at 5 to number 2 with bomber has obviously improved them also. That wouldn’t have happened if they got him in on a 5. Only side who could afford to do so without going bust also. Hopefully the bspa will rewrite the rule on averages so things like this don’t happen again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Tarasenko although signed on a false average has not won the final for Glasgow though I’m sure the usual Poole thick ones will say he has as they need an excuse 

Ben Cook the only heat leader to get double figures over both meetings 

Worrall and Lawson cost Poole….. wrong to let King go at least he would have bottled

Anyone missing Shovlars biased commentary??

Only does it when they do well 

I do feel sorry for genuine Poole fans as my team choked as well … but for Shovlar hahahahahahahaha

Its brilliant to see Poole choke but Tarasenko scored more than the rider he replaced would have .Nowak got 000 on his last visit. Not saying its the sole factor, but it certainly played its part. 

anyway , well done Glasgow. Best team over the two legs won and its hard to believe Poole actually won that match.

6 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

That’s how bad that track is. The most entertaining rider in the country over the past 20+ years who’s passed more opponents than I’ve passed wind isn’t able to even attempt a pass on Worrall.

Follow the leader, basically. How do you manage to make a track so bad?

Live by the sword die by the sword 

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Still had a massive effect on the side as whole. Moving Brennan from riding at 5 to number 2 with bomber has obviously improved them also. That wouldn’t have happened if they got him in on a 5. Only side who could afford to do so without going bust also. Hopefully the bspa will rewrite the rule on averages so things like this don’t happen again.

You do know Edinburgh could've signed him ? 

Well done boys well deserved and long overdue, easier than I thought it would be but you can only beat what’s in front off you.

Bomber over the two legs was simply a class above superb.

Unlucky to Poole but I’m sure they will bounce back in the cup final.

Well done to Glasgow. Peaked at the right time and the Tarasenko signing was a major reason they won the playoffs. Gave the team a massive lift at a crucial time in the season.

Poole paid for poor starts in both meetings. Won’t do them any harm not winning the league for once. Not joining in the Poole fan pile on though.

Harris still a class performer, I seem to remember a few Glasgow fans didn’t want him back but I’m sure they’ve changed their minds now.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1