British Speedway Forum

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

Glasgow signing Tarasenko on a 5.00 has been a huge factor as well as Harris being unbeatable. I have no preference to either team and it was a masterstroke signing from Glasgow getting him, but whoever is responsible for writing the rule allowing Tarasenko to drop down on a 5.00 needs to be looked at.

That said, not good enough from Pooles top two either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

When you effectively replace a 5 pointer rider with what technically is a 9 point rider then the obvious was always going to happen.

He scored 6 tonight from his programmed rides … and 9 from 5 in the home leg….. that’s not a 9 average performance 

The Poole mafia will say it was and Edinburgh fans but in the final Pooles top riders haven’t shown up 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

So Glasgow come down to Wimborne Road with a huge 14 point lead. Pirates fans can almost give out a sigh of relief that it’s not 22-24 points, as it was looking to be heading that way after heat 8. But like the champions they are, Poole rallied well and actually won the second half of the meeting by a couple of points. 

But make no mistake, 14 points is a huge lead and defendable. If Pirates don’t start on the front foot it could all be over by heat 11. But there is a chance. Glasgow are clear favourites and who can stop Bomber in the form he showed tonight? He rides Poole well and if he is backed up by Tarasenko and Basso it will be enough. We need all the boys to be on their best form straight from heat 1, like Glasgow were tonight.

Can Pirates pull off Mission Impossible: Back From The Dead? 

Not reverse psychology at all

1 minute ago, Pinny said:

Glasgow signing Tarasenko on a 5.00 has been a huge factor as well as Harris being unbeatable. I have no preference to either team and it was a masterstroke signing from Glasgow getting him, but whoever is responsible for writing the rule allowing Tarasenko to drop down on a 5.00 needs to be looked at.

I seem to be thinking of a certain American signing for a club a while back to win the title....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hilly said:

Glasgow may have beaten Oxford twice at home but it was a win apiece on aggregate and Oxford also beat Poole by 14, so not much between them really.

However, congratulations to Glasgow.

Indeed.....it was Glasgow 181 Oxford 179 over the four legs. And all four matches were crackers....don't thinking there was a spanking amongst them.

But alas Glasgow did edge it, and they've gone on to win the title. Congratulations Glasgow.

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

He would still have been a 5. If prev years rules he'd have been a 4 in the prem, his champ average be no different. Any I couldn't give a flying f... how much is a flight south?

Tarasenko although signed on a false average has not won the final for Glasgow though I’m sure the usual Poole thick ones will say he has as they need an excuse 

Ben Cook the only heat leader to get double figures over both meetings 

Worrall and Lawson cost Poole….. wrong to let King go at least he would have bottled

Anyone missing Shovlars biased commentary??

Only does it when they do well 

I do feel sorry for genuine Poole fans as my team choked as well … but for Shovlar hahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

That’s how bad that track is. The most entertaining rider in the country over the past 20+ years who’s passed more opponents than I’ve passed wind isn’t able to even attempt a pass on Worrall.

Follow the leader, basically. How do you manage to make a track so bad?

Chris must be coming up to 25 years in the top flight.  And he always comes good in the second half of the season as regular as clockwork.

Warmest congratulations to Glasgow and the faithful Paulco, a well deserved win.  Almost feels as good as 2010, is Shovlar going to disappear to Rome again for sanctuary, I wonder.   :party:

Edited by jrs