14 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

J. Holder

Howarth

Musielak

Pickering

Woffinden

Etheridge

Boughen

Must be a close enough fit if points limit were the same.

Chris Holder for Tobi and Dan Gilkes for Ashton Boughen and think that’s our 2024 line up providing no curve balls at the conference next month 

• Like 3

On 10/26/2023 at 4:59 AM, foreverblue said:

It could have gone either way, Dirty Nicki hit his front wheel when he clamped Holder but I know we all see things differently and with another referee Holder could have gone. The other thing to consider is it was the first bend so it could easily be seen as first bend bunching and the referee took that option. 

Behave yourself. 

holder took him out and its as clear as day on replay. Pedersens reputation went against him simple as that. 

It is a massive shame thats the only title holder won, i thought he would of won more and probably would of if not for injuries. But that night , Pedersen was robbed and its only because many dislike Nicki that more wasnt said. Had that of been Crumpie or Hancock instead of Pedersen, there would of been uproar. 

that being said , Holder imo was the best in the world that season but doesnt make that decision right. Ref bottled it in a semi final and well the rest is history.

51 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Behave yourself. 

holder took him out and its as clear as day on replay. Pedersens reputation went against him simple as that. 

It is a massive shame thats the only title holder won, i thought he would of won more and probably would of if not for injuries. But that night , Pedersen was robbed and its only because many dislike Nicki that more wasnt said. Had that of been Crumpie or Hancock instead of Pedersen, there would of been uproar. 

that being said , Holder imo was the best in the world that season but doesnt make that decision right. Ref bottled it in a semi final and well the rest is history.

I was a bit worried for Holder especially with the aftermath with Pedersen and his mechanics, I thought it might affect him in the re-run. If the decision had gone against him Pedersen could have won the title. He has had injuries which has hindered him, I talked to him last year at Poole and he said he still remembers the Coventry crash vividly, he said he feared he would not walk again let alone ride a bike.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I was a bit worried for Holder especially with the aftermath with Pedersen and his mechanics, I thought it might affect him in the re-run. If the decision had gone against him Pedersen could have won the title. He has had injuries which has hindered him, I talked to him last year at Poole and he said he still remembers the Coventry crash vividly, he said he feared he would not walk again let alone ride a bike.

No doubt Pedersen wasnt happy and tried the mind games and fair play to Holder, he held his nerve and done it and became world champ and I don't doubt that. What I do doubt is how he was in the re run in the first place. As I said, no doubt Nickis past behavior went against him this time like it did many times in his latter GP days.

7 minutes ago, Pinny said:

No doubt Pedersen wasnt happy and tried the mind games and fair play to Holder, he held his nerve and done it and became world champ and I don't doubt that. What I do doubt is how he was in the re run in the first place. As I said, no doubt Nickis past behavior went against him this time like it did many times in his latter GP days.

Crump helped him to calm down I seem to remember which was nice of him and important as I think Holder needed it. Even in league racing Nicki has made some horrific  moves but later on he did seem to get decisions go against him,unfairly in some cases.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Crump helped him to calm down I seem to remember which was nice of him and important as I think Holder needed it. Even in league racing Nicki has made some horrific  moves but later on he did seem to get decisions go against him,unfairly in some cases.

Crumpy I think was a huge mentor for Holder later on, which is quite mad when you think back to Crump and Holders fall out in Cardiff a few years before.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

On track heat of the moment stuff I think, always liked Crumpy, fantastic rider and top bloke.

Agreed. After Trick, I'd put Crump joint second with Nicki P in the list of best riders I have seen since following the sport since 1999.

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Agreed. After Trick, I'd put Crump joint second with Nicki P in the list of best riders I have seen since following the sport since 1999.

That year he rode the Welsh Open, never seen anyone ride Newport like that. Especially in their first lap.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes agreed Crump unfortunate not to win more titles which was because of Tony. 

Pedersen for me just had a bit more of a ruthless streak compared to Crump. Also the man to stop Rickardsson winning 3 on the trot. Crump tho I think got 10 top 3 medals in a row. But if both in their primes, Pedersen would of beaten Crump for me. Either way both superb riders. Now back to Sheffield 2024 :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spin king said:

Had a look on You Tube at the race between Nicki and Chris in the Semi Final.

Pinny is right Chris was fortunate not to be excluded.

Correct and its laughable anyone would suggest different. Pedersen had made the gate and Holder rode straight through him and was out of control in the process. 

How on earth that was all 4 back i will never know. Must of been the same ref who excluded Phil Morris at Newport twice when Anders Henriksson completely wiped him out on turn 1 twice in the same meeting years ago! 

holder should of been excluded without a doubt.

• 2 weeks later...