British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers 2024

Not that I think it is true, but if the plan is for No Rising Star, 6 man teams and with a limit of 42 points.

My Team would be;

Jack Holder 8:91

Tai Woffinden 8:47 (British Reduction 8:26)

Chris Holder 7:16

Josh Pickering 6:78

Kyle Howarth 5:55 (British Reduction 5:41)

Lewis Kerr 5:45 (British Reduction 5:31) 

Total 41:83

Edited by spin king

2 hours ago, StarBoy said:

Wouldn't they use Etheridges BV average from 2022 - 5.22?

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It should still apply so should be - doesn't mean it will though!

Makes it even more ridiculous with the guest situation that as he wasn't in a 2023 Premiership declaration that it was a conversion of his Championship average that enable him to be a 4 :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, spin king said:

Incorrect Etheridge's final 2022 Belle Vue average was 4:76.

They'll use Etheridge's most recent average (2023 Champ converted) so he'd be on a 4.00 average. Once he's ridden one match, they'll add his 2024 matches to his 10 match rolling average from 2022 (4.76) because .... actually I can't think of a logical reason why they start with one average, then switch to another after one match?

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

They'll use Etheridge's most recent average (2023 Champ converted) so he'd be on a 4.00 average. Once he's ridden one match, they'll add his 2024 matches to his 10 match rolling average from 2022 (4.76) because .... actually I can't think of a logical reason why they start with one average, then switch to another after one match?

That's one for the list for Mr Morris to sort out

How that sort of situation is dealt with will be a good barometer as to whether his input will be a success.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

How that sort of situation is dealt with will be a good barometer as to whether his input will be a success.....

So if is in the rules, but is advantages to Sheffield, he is useless, if it is the rules but goes against Sheffield he will be OK

didn't realise his job role included included making the rules or interpreting them

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So if is in the rules, but is advantages to Sheffield, he is useless, if it is the rules but goes against Sheffield he will be OK

didn't realise his job role included included making the rules or interpreting them

Of course his role involves looking at the regs! He is the CEO for British Speedway - potentially the independent overseer that most have been crying out for 

And whether it benefits one team or another is irrelevant. People need to stop thinking in yerms of does it benefit my team and look at whether it benefits the sport 

Integrity, consistency, transparency 

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Of course his role involves looking at the regs! He is the CEO for British Speedway - potentially the independent overseer that most have been crying out for 

And whether it benefits one team or another is irrelevant. People need to stop thinking in yerms of does it benefit my team and look at whether it benefits the sport 

Integrity, consistency, transparency 

Meanwhile, back on planet earth.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There's nothing for Morris to sort out, the rules are clear - just very stupid imo.

Both Jorgensen & Andersen, signed for Berwick on converted Prem averages, then reverted to their Championship averages, once they had ridden a match, been this way for a few seasons now.

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

There's nothing for Morris to sort out, the rules are clear - just very stupid imo.

Both Jorgensen & Andersen, signed for Berwick on converted Prem averages, then reverted to their Championship averages, once they had ridden a match, been this way for a few seasons now.

If they are very stupid I'd say that need they mean sorting out.....

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv