British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think the only way they can be judged head to head is in the GP's, there was very little between them but Robert has finished above Dan both times. I get what you are saying about averages bit Bewley finished below several riders in the British averages who he is far better than. 

So, clearly he isn't then. 

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

I agree re Woffinden.He could have said the same comments but just remove the F word and it would have been funny.Lambert was interviewed while the adrenalin was still pumping and things then can come out skewed.

The thing that is getting me a bit though is people saying they are immature,embarrassing,thick etc.And yet most of the posters who post these are posting immature and embarrassing remarks themselves.It's like pot,kettle,black.

For instance your post calling them as such,yet look at your immature remark calling Woffinden a tattoed gibbon.

I ain't a so called PROFESSIONAL sportsman who is supposed to be a role model to youngsters and my words weren't on live TV either!!.... Next please, try harder!! 

16 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

bewley also won a GP this sesaon 3 in total Lambert zero GP wins :t:

13 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Bewely 3 GP wins Lambert zero GP wins think those are classed as head to head :t:

That's great but points across the whole season is more accurate, if anything it highlights Bewleys inconsistency. If you wanted to go micro with the head to head we could refer to heat 18 last Saturday ;)

TBH it seems a bit churlish to be arguing about who is better than who, they are both great talents and most importantly British.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lambert only 19th thats not great, personally I believe Lambert is as good as he will ever be, Bewley has potential to be world champion 

Bewley is a great sportsman and a credit to any sport. Speedway is lucky to have him. Lambert is a spoilt brat, always was, always will be . If you hear or see his parents behaviour, especially his mother, you will see why he is the way he is.

Tai is is own worst enemy. On a personal basis he can be very polite. It’s just a pity that he doesn’t know how to project himself to a wider audience at times. Tai and Lambert are professional entertainers. If the fans don’t come they, and others will be out of a job. Both are old enough to know how to behave in public. They will probably never learn now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

So, clearly he isn't then. 

In World terms I'd say he's considerably better than Kurtz, Musielak & Fricke. I'd question if he was regularly giving 100% for BV this season personally.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Well done Sheffield, the rain didn't have that much of an effect and there was some decent racing

Went expecting us to lose on aggregate, but the scene was set in heat one and all seven riders kept up the pressure until heat 15 when we got the points needed, second time in six months i have seen a Sheffield team in a record breaking come back in the play offs

well done to the guests all rode as though they wanted to win when they could have just gone through the motions, would rather have had Tai and Tobi but that's speedway

hopefully if we get to next years final we can win it before heat 15, my nerves cant stand any more last heat deciders like that

You can’t beat been there with live sport when  those 2 play off comebacks were achieved. Absolutely remarkable nights of entertainment. I always felt Wednesday had a chance against Peterborough but wasn’t confident last night especially with Emil and Doyley and I expected king and Rew to see them over the line. The track held up well despite the rain and none of the riders complained. Great attitude from both sets of riders to crack on and get to the end. If a result had been called after 10 heats we’d won anyway and we would have been robbed of some really good racing in the latter heats. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That's great but points across the whole season is more accurate, if anything it highlights Bewleys inconsistency. If you wanted to go micro with the head to head we could refer to heat 18 last Saturday ;)

TBH it seems a bit churlish to be arguing about who is better than who, they are both great talents and most importantly British.

correct both are qaulity riders  very little between the tbh anyone would have either of them in their team !! has for the other so called top brit think he summed himself up last night enough said !!

"Sadly, the bigger picture to the BSPL will be that it was a classic season. Underdogs reach the final, a huge comeback by Sheffield that went down to the wire. Regardless of Lambert coming in for the final, they will see it that GP riders want to be involved in British Speedway. 

By bringing Birmingham in to replace Wolves gives the league credibility again in their eyes, despite Brummies not being there on any sort of merit but having spent the last 5yrs flirting with the wooden spoon and survival! But still the BSPL think everything is rosy in the garden.... "

yup ... sadly no need for any changes as it has been such a successful season ....... article i read in the Star quoted Birmiongham as being  80/20 likely to run in 2024 with only Mondays available thus obliging them to apply to run in  the PL, and only for a 1 year lease courtesy of the greyhound promotion a Perry Barr. 

Hardly a a long term future, and speedway seems to stagger along year by year.

Credit where credit is due though seems this season the PL p. offs and the KO Cup  have been completed in a timely manner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

So well done Sheffield, great effort last night, and you are the Champions.

Sadly as a Witches fan, 8 weeks does not culminate in a season, but what a last 8 weeks this team has give us supporters, Runners-Up in the league and KO Cup winners, i would of taken that at the beginning of August, its been entertainment all the way with Emil and Jason, worth the entrance fee alone, it seems absolute certain both will return next season, so let's hope we have a league with enough teams in, so its competitive and all of us supporters of this great sport all over the country have Speedway to go and watch next season.

But i cant just leave one situation which as a 55 Year Old lover of Speedway for over 47 years i have to address.

This also isn't a jab at you Sheffield Fans as i don't blame any of you in the slightest, but i travelled to Sheffield last night, yes devastated at the end, but all Sheffield supporters(most) were very humble to acknowledge we had made the journey and conversations were absolutely fine,

Well done the Tigers, great performance last night, let's all hope we have enough tracks to cheer our boys on next season.

And mega thanks to the Witches fans who offered me their congratulations after the meeting, which were sincere and humble, in spite of their obvious disappointment. Being able to empathise with my own return trip being even longer gave a joint laugh. Top guys.  

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

In World terms I'd say he's considerably better than Kurtz, Musielak & Fricke. I'd question if he was regularly giving 100% for BV this season personally.

Bewley? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ytsejam said:

I ain't a so called PROFESSIONAL sportsman who is supposed to be a role model to youngsters and my words weren't on live TV either!!.... Next please, try harder!! 

Aren't we all as adults meant to be role models to youngsters?They may hear someone in the limelight give out the odd swear word,but I'm sure youngsters are more likely to use those words if they are around folk if they are swearing more often.