British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

16 hours ago, CB252 said:

Well the track isn't too bad, but you can always count on Doyle to make it look dangerous.

Utter lunatic.

And you would know, are you an ex rider? When someone like Scott Nicholls says he wouldn't fancy racing on it as it is slop you have to take notice. The meeting shouldn't have even got to heat 10

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

And you would know, are you an ex rider? When someone like Scott Nicholls says he wouldn't fancy racing on it as it is slop you have to take notice. The meeting shouldn't have even got to heat 10

Rubbish, the track was OK, didn't you see the last three heats, all obviously took place after heat 10, it looked a lot safer then Ipswich did on Tuesday

29 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I had high hopes when the appointment was made that there would be a positive step change in the right direction

Unfortunately it seems that he has simply stepped in line and become complicit in perpetuating the sham

Morris did say on the speedway GB podcast that there wasn’t to much he could do this season. But next season will be different.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

In few no one will remember Tai. He is neither a legend nor a great advertisement for the sport. The real legends are still remembered by many who have since long forgotten about speedway. Ivan Mauger , Ole Olsen, Tony R. Mr Gollob, Barry Briggs, etc. to name but a few. Woffinden is yesterday’s chip paper. 

It sounds like he's had one too many bangs to the head

16 hours ago, Gavan said:

What a pleasant bunch the Sheffield fans are … people I know at the track getting abused including a mates young daughter …. 

A team wins the league using 13 riders lol 

British speedway farcical

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

22 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Morris did say on the speedway GB podcast that there wasn’t to much he could do this season. But next season will be different.  

I won't be holding my breath.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Yes all good and well Tigers fans were allowed on centre green at foxhall back in 2017, but you seem to be forgetting the key point there…. Sheffield won that night and Ipswich lost last night so stop being a little b**ch about it and get over it, what was you wanting? To get on track and celebrate with the Sheffield riders??? 

You're not really reading the room here are you.  Doesn't matter who you support there will be no true speedway fans who think it's ok for a rider to start having a go at fans in that way on the stadium public address system, fans have a go at each other and, within reason, that's acceptable.  I've always had time for Woofy but he overstepped the mark last night.

Ok you won, well done, I thoroughly enjoyed the tension of last night's meeting and was pleased to see Sheffield finally land the title, don't spoil it by making stupid comments, I imagine virtually every Tigers fan would be embarrassed by your stupid posts.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Let's hope so, perhaps high on his agenda should be how the riders talk on TV and the centre green microphone etc.  Also perhaps if a rider has a grievance with the Ref the Team Manager should sort it out not "riders having a word with the Ref"

2 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Let's hope so, perhaps high on his agenda should be how the riders talk on TV and the centre green microphone etc.  Also perhaps if a rider has a grievance with the Ref the Team Manager should sort it out not "riders having a word with the Ref"

Nick Morris needs to act decisively over this issue, including imposition of a severe penalty to Woffinden. If he doesn't, he is a straw man

• Like 1

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

2 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Nick Morris needs to act decisively over this issue, including imposition of a severe penalty to Woffinden. If he doesn't, he is a straw man

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mr. Woffinden disgraced himself again ( not for the first time) Last time he attacked a supporter, now he verbally abuses Ipswich on network TV. A very poor advert for the sport, genrating the WRONG type of publicity. 

A "WILD card" nomination for the SGP series is appropriate. 

What with whingeing Lambert (R) on Tuesday and now the swearing Woffinden, our British sports  "stars" really do need to be better educated when speaking to the media. 

Agree re Woffinden, disgraceful behaviour.

As for Lambert, I was happy to hear what he had to say after the meeting on Tuesday, it was probably less than 5mins after he'd finished racing, his adrenalin will have been flowing, he didn't swear, he made his points clearly and ended it with a positive statement about getting himself another winners medal on Thursday, which he duly delivered on, can't fault him on that.  Unfair to lump the 2 of them together imo.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Bash said:

It wasn't just by the fans it was by Lambert's mum & sister, kicking, hitting and abusive, such a lovely family

They've a history of that sort of behaviour,  perhaps that's why he's based in Poland now to distance himself a bit. But breeding will out.

As for Tai, as a father of young children,  one wonders if that's how he speaks to them, or around them:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf what does anyone expect it is Rob Lambert and Tai we are doing about. They have never been nice have they? Hopefully they be kept out of British Speedway for the rest of their career, won't hold my breath though. 

Do you mean Phil Morris? Nick is serving a ban of his own! 

Oh yes!

nw42 … agree that Lambert (R) interview whingeing was a minor incident compared to the downright disgraceful language used by Mr Woffinden. 

Hopefully we will not see him in British Speedway next season until the p.offs 2024, as he remains a  WILD card in the SGP and will be in the Polish Leagues. 

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Well had a night's sleep to get over the disappointment,  but am pleased for tigerblade, Kyle,  Picko and Jason. 

We win as a team and lose as a team, and boy has this witches 7 been a team. It has been an absolute joy having Emil race for us and along with Doyley must take the credit (along with Peterborough obviously) for us being in  the final. 

I'm sure Guy is a happy bunny, both his teams winning the end of season trophies. 

Thank you :wub: I've seen Danny King and Erik Riss much maligned on platforms like this, for a long time, but it was mainly down to the efforts of those two in the first leg at Owlerton, that won you the Knockout Cup x

• Like 1