British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Tigers vs Ipswich Witches (playoff final 2nd leg) 05/10/23

Don't know what many on here were moaning about, I thought that was great entertainment with some fine speedway in the later heats.

So pleased for Joshie Pickering, the rider of the final in my eyes with two blistering heat 14s.

Congratulations to Sheffield and commiserations to Ipswich - two fully committed teams giving it their all in difficult conditions.

• Like 6

Make a point of ignoring that utter numpty Gavan on here and his bile. But tonight is just too funny for words, reading his posts and his utter meltdown as Ipswich choked. Commiserations to the decent Ipswich fans on here who have congratulated Sheffield and taken it in the chin. It’s painful but you get over it. 

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans imagination. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Make a point of ignoring that utter numpty Gavan on here and his bile. But tonight is just too funny for words, reading his posts and his utter meltdown as Ipswich choked. Commiserations to the decent Ipswich fans on here who have congratulated Sheffield and taken it in the chin. It’s painful but you get over it. 

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans inferior brain. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Blue touchpaper well and truly lit.   Sit back, open the popcorn, it's going to go off bigtime now.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

A friend of my nan was there and said Ipswich fans have been nicking peoples hats  and s*******g in them…. Horrible fans

My Nana is bigger than yours tho 

I did say it wasn’t over - one of my very good friends in a long time sheffield fan and he will be so pleased the Tigers have won and I am too despite the fact I probably just about wanted Ipswich to win it! 

pleased for a few of the Sheffield riders - Howarth for example a good honest guy who gives his all in the track, some of the others are more of an acquired taste and we do seem to have a new issue of playoff tourism to address in future maybe! 

I just hope Bert Bert had a smile on his face! 

let’s face it a few weeks ago we all expected BV to be in the finals and the Witches were out of it! 

regardless of all the rules / shizzle bad news on closures etc  I have enjoyed my matches this season and hope we can have a decent 2024. 

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Are you answering your own question:D

Often the only way to get a sensible answer....

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As for Gavan, he is now spewing crap about grown Sheffield fans shouting abuse in little 9 year old girls faces. Let’s be honest. It didn’t happen. It’s a figment of Gavans inferior brain. Are you feeling disappointed Gavan? Does it hurt to witness your team croak like that? Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind. :icon_smile_clown:

Erm as they say up here that’s the pot calling the kettle grimy arse! 

Just now, phillipsr said:

No but been to Belle Vue and heard there fans verbally abuse fans and threaten violence…. Nice bunch i thought  

Sadly all tracks have them - witnessed it at Owlerton and Foxhall this year - Sheffield have their fair share of planks! 

6 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Sadly all tracks have them - witnessed it at Owlerton and Foxhall this year - Sheffield have their fair share of planks! 

Agreed but there at pretty much every sporting event ive ever been to… 

12 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

My Nana is bigger than yours tho 

I did say it wasn’t over - one of my very good friends in a long time sheffield fan and he will be so pleased the Tigers have won and I am too despite the fact I probably just about wanted Ipswich to win it! 

pleased for a few of the Sheffield riders - Howarth for example a good honest guy who gives his all in the track, some of the others are more of an acquired and we do seem to have a new pro issue of playoff tourism to address in future maybe! 

I just hope Bert Bert had a smile on his face! 

let’s face it a few weeks ago we all expected BV to be in the finals and the Witches were out of it! 

regardless of all the rules / shizzle bad news on closures etc  I have enjoyed my matches this season and hope we can have a decent 2024. 

Id be surprised if she was!! My nan looked like Andre the Giant and ate babies for her supper!! 

It was an entertaining meeting tonight. I was watching as a complete neutral and didn’t care who won it to be honest. I like Holder and King, on opposite sides, plus wanted young Thompson to come through unscathed for. More important couple of meetings next week for him. But I had no preference. That was until quite a few Ipswich fans got very bitter on here after the meeting. 

It’s always better to congratulate the victors and bow out gracefully, even if you feel injustice and disappointment. If you are raging, turn off the forum and go to bed.

• Like 3