British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 

Bedtime 

Edited by DJEuan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJEuan said:

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 012.4.5 Tactical Substitut

Ok it's bedtime GJ DJeuan, goodnight all let's see what Wednesday brings,

Has Dr Shovlar posted his "we're the underdogs" post yet? 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

No he didn't

I can’t say for certain as we’re I stand it wasn’t conclusive if there was contact.

But I am guessing that the referee would have used the BSN footage if he wasn’t sure to confirm if there was contact.

Based on this are you basing your view of it from the BSN footage ?.

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the footage.

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

012.4.4 Rider Replacement (RR) Facility allows the absent rider’s programmed rides to be shared out between other team members (including any Guest riders), subject to: - a) the rider who by MA is directly above the absent rider and all riders below may take one RR each b) a reserve can have more than one RR c) RR is not permitted in Heat 15 d) only one position per team may be declared as RR e) a nomination once made cannot be changed f) A rider nominated as an AR may, at the Team Managers discretion, take any ride at any time in heats 1-14, apart from the protected riders position in heats 2 and 8. Whilst the minimum ride rule does not apply, the maximum number of rides is 7. 

Bedtime 

Just hope that GS550 can read and understand this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"

Total bollocks. 

He's embarrassing.

Complin would have bitten his hand off for 7 rides. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Oh Cami has replied on Facebook. " Lee Complin had 6 rides had a fall and problems with his steel shoe 7 rides in 14 races is extremely difficult"

Now if Lee had come out and said this I would accept it.

But he has made the exact same mistake in the exact same heat the past two meetings, he only got away with it last week as the ref called an all 4 back and Ace was injured.

I’m sorry but I’m not buying that one.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Although he was having a problem with his steel shoe at one point so that bit maybe true.

He lost his steel shoe on the 4th bend in heat 9 , I am pretty sure they would have.resolved any issue with it by heat 12.

As I say I’m not buying that excuse.

Add into the fact he was still faster than Ace without a steel shoe and no disrespect to Ace he was having a poor night and shouldn’t have been anywhere near heat 12.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DJEuan said:

Well, that's fair enough, although I feel a stronger team manager would tell him to go and do it anyway, as he had a better chance of scoring. Just give him a pritt stick for the shoe.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I can’t say for certain as we’re I stand it wasn’t conclusive if there was contact.

But I am guessing that the referee would have used the BSN footage if he wasn’t sure to confirm if there was contact.

Based on this are you basing your view of it from the BSN footage ?.

Genuine question as I haven’t seen the footage.

I thought it was 50/50 a more experienced rider would have moved out slightly and rode it out Joe wasn’t out of control.Think Ace thought there was going to be a crash .Minimal contact but it’s the Refs decision and I can understand it.(only my opinion).I’ve said it before but IMO Ace has an awkward riding style he seems to be quite far back on the bike and it gets away from him if he gets into tight situations.This is just an observation not a criticism.He is talent and will no doubt get better.It’s a tough ask at times at this level.

Edited by Fromafar

Not long home; a great result for Glasgow, but a big missed opportunity to finish the tie.

You’d have bitten someone’s hand off for a fourteen point win before the meeting, but that Poole side were rattled and there for the taking at the mid-point, so Glasgow will be somewhat disappointed not to have stretched their lead.

Harris was unreal, but Cami Brown must be hugely disappointed by Tarasenko and Basso’s collapse in the second half of the meeting.

Brown’s inclusion of Pijper in heat twelve was gross mismanagement. He did it last week, but to make the same mistake repeatedly with so much at stake was criminal. Ian Steel lost his job for less.

I’d like to add that these experiences will do Pijper wonders. I don’t agree with his inclusion in heat twelve, but I have huge admiration for Glasgow’s commitment to investing in youth; to afford a 16 or 17 year-old a full-time role in the team and make the grand final is a credit to the club.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I thought it was 50/50 a more experienced rider would have moved out slightly and rode it out Joe wasn’t out of control.Think Ace thought there was going to be a crash .Minimal contact but it’s the Refs decision and I can understand it.(only my opinion).I’ve said it before but IMO Ace has an awkward riding style he seems to be quite far back on the bike and it gets away from him if he gets into tight situations.This is just an observation not a criticism.He is talent and will no doubt get better.It’s a tough ask at times at this level.

Agree about his riding style but he is a talented kid I think he just needs to believe in himself more.

• Like 1