British Speedway Forum

Glasgow V Poole Championship Final 8/10/23 6pm

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I don't think that should be allowed, yes they get priority in chose the second leg at home, but that shouldn't mean postponing the match just to keep the second leg?

if they chosen the second leg then no matter what they should get it glasgow have played that game before to get the second leg even though they didnt have it in the first place 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Personally I don't think that should be allowed, yes they get priority in chose the second leg at home, but that shouldn't mean postponing the match just to keep the second leg?

We have the second leg, like it or lump it.  Its in Glagows court to re arrage.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

We have the second leg, like it or lump it.  Its in Glagows court to re arrage.

We want the 1st leg, so perhaps  Wednesday morning would suit. The Glasgow riders can fly down to Bournemouth airport on the Allied Vehicles private plane and be in plenty of time for the 2nd leg.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

We want the 1st leg, so perhaps  Wednesday morning would suit. The Glasgow riders can fly down to Bournemouth airport on the Allied Vehicles private plane and be in plenty of time for the 2nd leg.

Wots up a Scotsman's kilt?

private plane!

:rofl:

Edited by lbw

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Looking at the scores at Peterborough tonight it seems Harris and Brennan are saving themselves for tomorrow.

Think I'd want to keep up a winning mentality like Worrall, Cook & Lawson are doing 

Edited by lbw

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Looks like Ace okay. Riding at Workington today

Ace is only interested in ace pijper I see he's fell again zero interest in tigers winning title trophy he clearly can't see himself race  ...I've clearly said before the boy isn't good enough for championship level & I stand by that , tigers are weak & vulnerable with the lad & much stronger with other riders I could name j Smith s hagon etc  but he will race on regardless he's came back way too soon he should have left it & returned next season try again but no its all about him anybody who wants the club to win can clearly see he needed to stand down, he's also dangerous to others riders on the track & if anything happens some of us can see it was coming , all this sounds very harsh but I don't know the boy so how could it be personal it's not its what I see with my eyes & it's an opinion ..ps tigers don't want the 2nd leg at home they want to race at home first anybody who thinks tigers are wanting the weather to play a part in that are barking up the wrong tree due to crowd attendance at ashfield get pumped away & home tie is affected ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Ace is only interested in ace pijper I see he's fell again zero interest in tigers winning title trophy he clearly can't see himself race  ...I've clearly said before the boy isn't good enough for championship level & I stand by that , tigers are weak & vulnerable with the lad & much stronger with other riders I could name j Smith s hagon etc  but he will race on regardless he's came back way too soon he should have left it & returned next season try again but no its all about him anybody who wants the club to win can clearly see he needed to stand down, he's also dangerous to others riders on the track & if anything happens some of us can see it was coming , all this sounds very harsh but I don't know the boy so how could it be personal it's not its what I see with my eyes & it's an opinion ..ps tigers don't want the 2nd leg at home they want to race at home first anybody who thinks tigers are wanting the weather to play a part in that are barking up the wrong tree due to crowd attendance at ashfield get pumped away & home tie is affected ...

Nice to see the Glasgow fans getting right behind their riders and supporting them all the way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Pirates gonna win the league! 

Not sure what that was in reply to, but in reply to your post, as far as I'm concerned whoever is top of the league table are the league winners anyway.  I personally don't believe in the playoffs, never have, think its a farce.  If they want to have an end of season mini-cup tournament then fine but it shouldn't decide the league title imho.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

No point in us turning up by the sounds of it, the self entitled mob have wrote us off.

Did seem that way for the second leg of the 1991 KO Cup Final down at Arena Essex complete with Bo Petersen, Brian Karger, etc, when Tigers drew overall on aggregate and forced a replay and restaging of both legs again.  And of course wouldn't be a replay now, it would be a deciding superheat.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Prat, the lad rode his socks off at workington today .

• Like 4