British Speedway Forum

Warsaw GP Saturday 11th May 2024

Just now, LagutaRacingFan said:

Serves the FIM right.

This is what happens when you exclude Artem and Emil from the GP series.

The GP series is a waste of time. We all know who is going to win the title.

Doyle?

Doyle is superb. Anyone who can call him dangerous when supporting Frede Schott every week has some front. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m afraid there are too many”class” riders missing out for various reasons this season.There is now just 1/2 dozen that will dominate the series IMO.You can see Doyle  ,Smarzlik and Holder being in the majority of finals with Lambert and Lindgren possibly Bewlay not far away.The rest are making up the numbers.IMO

Tai should be the GP Disc Jockey.It will make the money he has always been keen to tell us he makes at the Sport.

That was a nice change to the usual GP fare, I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Olsen had prepared the track but it rode well and provided some good racing and on a few occasions some great races.

I am not Jason Doyle’s biggest fan but he deserved to win tonight, fireworks were excellent as well.

Good coverage from Discovery Plus after the let down of Eurosport.

Last word for Tai Woffinden, time to retire mate, you really don’t look that fast or interested.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, davie10 said:

how many has bartos knocked off ?

He was really lucky Huckenbeck didn't come off when he shoved him in the fence. No way Doyle was to blame for semi crash, holder squeezed them both, all four was the right call. 

1 hour ago, chun said:

brilliant from doyle.  dirty but not dangerous 

“HARD” but not dangerous. 

Edited by 1 valve

As honest as Woffy's interview was he didn't really address the elephant in the room, he clearly backed out of a few moves tonight like he had done for the last few years, the difference tonight was that he had the speed that if he'd made those moves he would have easily qualified for the semis. The thing is the level has moved up another notch since Woffy last won his titles, riders are riding more extreme, Doyle, Holder, Zmarzlik, Lindgren... they'll just make the move and leave the opposition to deal with it and to be fair, Woffy has never been that kind of rider. At least he's not shooting his mouth off so much these days so he's a little more palatable. And I'm afraid that Bewley is pretty much in that same mold, and who can blame them after the injuries they've had. Lambert has the best chance of joining that top table for me, he's a hard rider but isn't making those extreme moves... yet. 

Great night for Doyley, best he's been since 2016/17. And a pretty decent GP all in all. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Frede Schott doesn’t ride these days mate. Keep up

You know what I meant. 

3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Am I the only one with no commentary, just stadium sound?

iv got no commentary   pit interveiws   but no  tatum,,,  it was the same last year,,still think they  treat speedway fans ..as  second best after all the bull about  the new  area of promotion.  

• Like 1

Terrible coverage from WBD again tonight, not even going to go into it not being shown on either of the Eurosport channels in favour of WEC and the World Climbing Championships, the after show was also terrible, no real analysis or interviews just a fireworks display on TV! An effing fireworks display on TV!

You don't know what you've had until it's gone and what the sport would give to have IMG/BSI back running the show!

Edited by iainb

19 minutes ago, mickyp said:

iv got no commentary   pit interveiws   but no  tatum,,,  it was the same last year,,still think they  treat speedway fans ..as  second best after all the bull about  the new  area of promotion.  

Its because you’ve got the settings wrong 

57 minutes ago, mickyp said:

Like it has been said before on this thread- click on the speech icon then change from ambient noise to English and you will get Tatum. 

But yes to not show live on Eurosport is very poor. 

Edited by Colinspeedway