British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

5 minutes ago, RideHard said:

18 points too much.. Doyle nearly put Lambert through fence probably why he’s fuming but no surprise he’s dirtiest rider in league. be an interesting meeting on Thursday

Keep crying, Doyle hard rider but isn’t that what league racing is about? Or do you have to let these flash ponies through?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

I think that it's more to do with the fact that he picked up a cheap gold medal for BV last year and planned on doing the same thing for Sheffield this year. 

It's like it was going to become a tradition for him to slot in with the favourites for the semis and the final.

What Del boy would call a 'nice little earner'.

Chambourcy Nouvelle ...!

Cushty Robert, Cushty....

Anyway well done Ipswich, Title hopes were fading in the first half of the meeting considering Ipswich needed a big lead (Hawkins and Doyle knew it too) but they pulled it out of the bag in the second half of the meeting.

Same situation Ipswich were in against BV and it came down to Ht 30 of the tie, May see the same scenario playing out on Thursday.

Just now, TTT said:

Anyway well done Ipswich, Title hopes were fading in the first half of the meeting considering Ipswich needed a big lead (Hawkins and Doyle knew it too) but they pulled it out of the bag in the second half of the meeting.

Same situation Ipswich were in against BV and it came down to Ht 30 of the tie, May see the same scenario playing out on Thursday.

don’t think sheffield are strong enough at reserve 

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

The biggest joke is him showing no desire to ride Speedway in his home country and then just pop over for the play offs every year! The bellend. 

Yep, I can't stand him or anyone else who uses our league as a cash cow.

That's why I've got so much respect for Jason Doyle because he's always been loyal to our league.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TTT said:

That's why I've got so much respect for Jason Doyle because he's always been loyal to our league.

And absolutely loves riding here. As loyal to British Speedway over the years as anyone. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

Cry more Robert Lambert.

If he hates our tracks so much then why doesn't he sod off to Poland permanently instead of using our league as a cash cow once his Polish fixtures finish.

Take the other baby (Holder) with him.

"Signed for a big club"..

"You should have signed for a big club"...

"Signed for a big club"...

"You should have signed for a big club"...

:D

• Like 1

Maybe Lambert expected too much of a showcase speedway final and was narked at poor refereeing and an absolute dogturd of a track. The exact reason he probably has no interest in doing a full season here and quite frankly, I don't blame him. As a neutral I agree with what he said and applaud his honesty, but British Speedway will never listen to riders and wonder why it's going down the pan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Box office too...

Interesting to see how the two truly world class riders on show tonight could handle the track...

Men and Boys springs to mind...

• Like 5

Just now, mikebv said:

Box office too...

Interesting to see how the two truly world class riders on show tonight could handle the track...

Men and Boys springs to mind...

Are you suggesting the bloke who has finished in the top six of the GP's the last two years isn't 'truly world class'?

In any case two out of fourteen riders being able to handle the track isn't good enough. That was an awful speedway meeting, and we get far too many of those in this country.

• Like 2

Bewley is r best hope of the next British world champion lambert goes missing when things get hard showed that tonight and that comment about that’s the problem with British speedway we’ll do everyone a favour and bugger off instead of rinsing the money out of hard working people to fill up his bank account at the end of the season