British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

you are desperate to win this one aren't you, like i said i am sure Ipswich supporters would be happy with a four man Sheffield team to make sure you win

Aren't Sheffield desperate to win it as well, after all we did beat you in the KO Cup and I'm sure you'd like to get your own back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

you are desperate to win this one aren't you, like i said i am sure Ipswich supporters would be happy with a four man Sheffield team to make sure you win

How many riders have Sheffield used this season ?? only howarth remains from original team  ?? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

I'm not desperate no,,, I honestly couldn't give a rats buttcheek if Ipswich win or not,,, but for the promotion to win the meeting it's a good choice. 

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i am not blaming anyone, its just some Ipswich supporters are moaning about Sheffield when it was two guests that got them to the final

17 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

that would give you the victory you seem to want no matter what

Completely missing the point and looking at too narrow a picture

The semi - irrelevant, the final - irrelevant, who wins and loses - irrelevant 

Integrity, transparency, consistency  - relevant

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Early call off… I thought Ipswich never called a meeting off early… are you sure it’s got nothing to do with the fact that Bomber can’t do Tuesday!? Running scared

I suspect the TV company have had something to say, last thing they'll want is a rain off

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

We are working within the rules, Ipswich seem to have a problem with this because it gives us a chance

I don’t think anyone is disputing you are not abiding by the rules but its difficult to be sympathetic when you sacked two fit riders just before the cut off. 
all within the rules but does give the impression of win at all costs.  
up the witches

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Completely missing the point and looking at too narrow a picture

The semi - irrelevant, the final - irrelevant, who wins and loses - irrelevant 

Integrity, transparency, consistency  - relevant

Unfortunately most don't care about what's relevant,,, as long as its their team that benefit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orion said:

Why would I want Sheff  to win.? Just a pure neutral looking to see a decent final ..I have opinion that Harris won't score that many this time based upon the opposition he's against, nothing more nothing less.No idea what the big uproar and drama is about expressing that view 

Well it looks like we will never know as it seems Harris cant ride now.

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well it looks like we will never know as it seems Harris cant ride now.

I'm half expecting with how the regs seem to be interpreted lately that it is announced that Harris has to honour his guest booking and Glasgow have to find their own guest :)

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t think anyone is disputing you are not abiding by the rules but its difficult to be sympathetic when you sacked two fit riders just before the cut off. 
all within the rules but does give the impression of win at all costs.  
up the witches

I'm still of the opinion that Lambert guesting is NOT within the rules

The fact that he has been ruled suitable and allowed to line up is a shameful disgrace and a travesty

NEVER before has a rider with an assessed average been allowed to take a guest booking and there has been quoted precedent (BWD?) where it has been declined in the past in the same circumstances as now being allowed

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The fact that he has been ruled suitable and allowed to line up is a shameful disgrace and a travesty

NEVER before has a rider with an assessed average been allowed to take a guest booking and there has been quoted precedent (BWD?) where it has been declined in the past in the same circumstances as now being allowed

Play off Lambert has to guest, play offs wouldnt be the same without him!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Third Man said:

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

that would give you the victory you seem to want no matter what

Did you even type that with a straight face? It’s your promoter who clearly has a win at all costs attitude regardless of the integrity of his choices. Should we be surprised though? After all this is the bloke who insisted his nephew who wasn’t far off qualifying for a testimonial, should be eligible for a “rising star” role as he (wrongly as it turned out) assumed it would give his team a huge advantage!

Edited by Aries
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

And Rew for Belle Vue  earlier in the season and I believe lynn named tarasenko before the ex chairman had to adhere to the rules