British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Sheffield play off final 1st leg

3 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What a FARCE.

Harris the witch guests and gets Ippo into the final.

Now Harris the tiger appears to attempt to knock Ippo out of the final

Brings the sport into disrepute in my opinion.

Ippo may well have been better to declare Doyle unfit after aggravating his injury and booking Harris as  a guest again, to block such ridiculous guest rider selection by Sheffield. The sheffield  promoters" should be ashamed of themself.

Still speedway is a sport run by amateurs.

Oh by the way the Ippo leg has been delayed until TUESDAY due to a bad weather forecast ;-) ;-) .  I think Harris might be unavailable (riding for Glasgow ? )

Or he might be available if Glasgow gets rained off !!   (I hope not)

12 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Crazy decesion... why Tuesday and not Wednesday? So much for Chris Louis saying this “It would be wonderful to see Ipswich Town fans come and give us a look – give us a cheer for this one final meeting. The atmosphere at Portman Road in recent seasons has been phenomenal, I know, I’ve experienced it – and it’s been getting better and better at Foxhall as well.”

Perhaps he realises it is a Mickey Mouse end to the season and directly clashing with Town is probably OK because he had not budgeted for this meeting so any income will do and to miss a few who will undoubtedly pick Town over a visit to Foxhole is not going to hurt the bank balance too much. With the change is it still on TV?

7 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Perhaps he realises it is a Mickey Mouse end to the season and directly clashing with Town is probably OK because he had not budgeted for this meeting so any income will do and to miss a few who will undoubtedly pick Town over a visit to Foxhole is not going to hurt the bank balance too much. With the change is it still on TV?

Discovery Sport app schedule is now saying Premiership play off 1st leg 3rd October (Tuesday)

19 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Even worse Eurosport (if they show the meeting) will probably have to dig Sam Ermolenko out for a guest booking because Nicholls will be at Glasgow :rofl:

He may be given permission to miss the meeting, it's happened in the past hasn't it?

The decision to run this on Tuesday has gone down like a turd in a swimming pool on Twitter. Hopefully everybody will reconsider

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Probably more to do with he TV people schedule  than any astute tactical move by Loius, especially as mot Ippo speedway supporters seem to be no league football fans.

They must also have spoken to Simon Stead

Edited by hammer1969
Spelling

12 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Probably more to do with the TV people schedule  than any astute tactical move by Loius, especially as most Ippo speedway supporters seem to be non league football fans.

Ipswich Town FC are in the Championship

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You cannot blame any team having to use guests,its speedway and they are the rules or changing your team for better overall strength, Ellis had to go, Kerr unfortunate casualty, imagine if you had Kerr at reserve tomorrow night. 

i am not blaming anyone, its just some Ipswich supporters are moaning about Sheffield when it was two guests that got them to the final

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I've said I would've like to have run with RR even if it meant we didn't win

One guest with an average under 7 for an injured 9+ rider taken from a team not in the playoffs is on the sliding scale integrity issues at the very low end

Two guests,  one a 10 point ringer in a fake 8 point wrapper that is 4 years old (considered irrelevant in EVERY regulation that INCLUDES it but suitable ONLY  due to the fact it is NOT mentioned in another) and the other having already been involved  in the play offs for another team

I will let everybody make up their own mind as to where in the scale that sits....

i think some Ipswich fans would be happier with us turning up with 4 riders tomorrow and no guests

that would give you the victory you seem to want no matter what

• Like 1
  • Sad 1