British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

2 hours ago, mikebaker said:

If the rumoured 36 point limit plus rising star is implemented. Flint to Redcar.as second heat leader. Definite potential to improve on his 6.40 average. Have allowed for the 2.5% reduction.

Leon’s away form is sketchy to say the least.Has a big following at Berwick he would be missed if he left.Perhaps leaving might relieve some of the pressure that has been on him due to some pretty poor results for the Club over the last couple of seasons.Him and Rory would be the only 2 I would like to see back.

57 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Leon’s away form is sketchy to say the least.Has a big following at Berwick he would be missed if he left.Perhaps leaving might relieve some of the pressure that has been on him due to some pretty poor results for the Club over the last couple of seasons.Him and Rory would be the only 2 I would like to see back.

I would have Schlein, Flint, Coles back 

8 hours ago, Normski said:

I would have Schlein, Flint, Coles back 

Coles certainly had a very good season and never let us down,age is against him getting much better though.While the Bullets project was good we failed to sign the best youngsters for Bandits which was disappointing.

Edited by Fromafar

46 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Coles certainly had a very good season and never let us down,age is against him getting much better though.While the Bullets project was good we failed to sign the best youngsters for Bandits which was disappointing.

If your referring to Pijper the promotion were told he wasn't doing CL this season then he signed on at Glasgow, Luke Harrison was the 1st to come properly through their Academy (from around the age of 8) but he wasn't spoken to about signing for the Bullets when he turned 15 and made his choice  this season to go to Workington after offers from NDL Clubs, has since had a Guest spot for a number of Meetings at Redcar this Season covering for Mulford.

Edited by MillenTheVillen
To add more to post

20 minutes ago, MillenTheVillen said:

If your referring to Pijper the promotion were told he wasn't doing CL this season then he signed on at Glasgow, Luke Harrison was the 1st to come properly through their Academy but he wasn't spoken to about signing for the Bullets and made his choice to go to Workington after offers from NDL Clubs and has since had a Guest spot for a number of Meetings at Redcar this Season covering for Mulford.

I’m not interested in the Politics,I’m just saying it was disappointing,whatever way you look at it.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Would go with that,he was our only decent rider away from home.Had a decent season IMO.

Agree i would keep Rory preferably at Number 5

• Like 1

In a lower points limit league he could potentially be one of the top riders.... I'd be trying to keep Rory, Leon and Connor Coles to start us off with. 

Personally think Berwick need a massive overhaul. As much as it can be tempting in a rumoured weakened league to sign up some of the riders from the season gone, there's a reason they're on that average, because they were crap. Only really Leon and Coles I reckon should be back, maybe Etheridge for his efforts in the play offs for Sheffield ;)