British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

If these pre-discussions are had every year then it needs to be changed because the sport seems to be going in the opposite direction to what the majority of fans are hoping for 

Id beg to differ. A survey taken in 2021 by over 1000 people suggested that the majority didn’t want what is normally spouted on here as “the fans view”

16 hours ago, Dnorthstar1970 said:

Etheridge you have to be joking can ride away tracks always Injured had 2 decent meetings this year ,been here for a few years now time to move on ,next thing thing you will be saying you hope flint is on the team sheet lol

I'm sure Dickson will have his own ideas about who he wants in his team, let's be honest the last few seasons haven't been good enough,or as others would say,,"unlucky",so hopefully this will be the start of an upturn in Bandits fortune next season looking forward to see who's in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

I'm sure Dickson will have his own ideas about who he wants in his team, let's be honest the last few seasons haven't been good enough,or as others would say,,"unlucky",so hopefully this will be the start of an upturn in Bandits fortune next season looking forward to see who's in the team.

Strong top 5 and reserves an afterthought if Berwick can afford it, and him at the same time. Track prep his way and tactical rides at ht5 or 6 on the road!

On 10/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, MD said:

Strong top 5 and reserves an afterthought if Berwick can afford it, and him at the same time. Track prep his way and tactical rides at ht5 or 6 on the road!

Nail on the head there.”can Berwick afford it”.Think we have to wait and see what levels the Leagues Will be  structured.

11 hours ago, BanditsFan said:

@Bandit59 are you at Ashfield tonight for the Glasgow Fanzone? Biggest night of the season for you. 

No sitting in the house celebrating with a few beers in Scotland watching on BSN

Edited by Bandit59

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

That would be great because if we can beat Glasgow we'll have a good team for a change looking forward to see who Dickson brings in .

We’ll build a team that is sustainable.  (cheap).

Run within a budget, but look at Newcastle.

7 hours ago, tweedcider said:

We’ll build a team that is sustainable.  (cheap).

Run within a budget, but look at Newcastle.

I would be surprised if Dickson comes here and offers all seven riders peanuts. Historically at Glasgow 2002-2013 Glasgow had a one number one every season and in some cases two. Even at Leicester he had Nicholls and then Nick Morris.

Reckon Richie Worrall could come in. Wouldn't be my choice but he has history riding for SD.

Probably would give Leon and Jye another season as well.

12 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I would be surprised if Dickson comes here and offers all seven riders peanuts. Historically at Glasgow 2002-2013 Glasgow had a one number one every season and in some cases two. Even at Leicester he had Nicholls and then Nick Morris.

Reckon Richie Worrall could come in. Wouldn't be my choice but he has history riding for SD.

Probably would give Leon and Jye another season as well.

Hasn't Worrall got the small matter of a failed drug test hanging over him?

Team managers have little say when it comes to money and riders... well they never used to.

• Like 3

Suppose Stuart is just looking after number one. There's uncertainty over Leicester (Premier league), still up for sale. Birmingham have suggested that thanks to the stadium owners its Monday nights (Premier  league) or no speedway. So he's been offered a job in a lower division, it's closer to home and he's not getting any younger. Add in the 'fact' he's always loved Berwick and....... (fill in the usual statements) and it's obviously a no brainer ;).  

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Hasn't Worrall got the small matter of a failed drug test hanging over him?

Team managers have little say when it comes to money and riders... well they never used to.

Pretty sure Dickson will be keenly waiting on the outcome of Worrall's SCB hearing before planning his team. They do seem to be joined at the hip a lot of the time. I think he will have a lot of input into the assembly of the Berwick team, but agree, there are many team managers who have little or nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, wtf said:

Pretty sure Dickson will be keenly waiting on the outcome of Worrall's SCB hearing before planning his team. They do seem to be joined at the hip a lot of the time. I think he will have a lot of input into the assembly of the Berwick team, but agree, there are many team managers who have little or nothing to do with it.

I can pretty much garentee SD will pick pretty much all of the riders. I've spoken to him a few times in the past and he always says every rider he picks is his choice. Could be different in Berwick but doubt it

• Like 1