British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Prediction?

This is a must win for Berwick so 46-44 to Berwick

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Jason Edwards rather than Jordan Jenkins?

yip i see it has changed from yesterday 

On 6/9/2024 at 10:56 AM, foreverblue said:

Looked similar to Chris Holder at Coventry years ago in the way he went in feet first. 

Not really, tbh. Holders bike lifted the air fence at Cov and he followed it in underneath. Schlein hit the bags in what what looked like an innocuous way, still at some speed though, but he hit the bags rather than the track and the bags didn't budge at all. If he'd gone in like Holder did... well, I dread to think!

On 6/9/2024 at 10:56 AM, foreverblue said:

Looked similar to Chris Holder at Coventry years ago in the way he went in feet first. 

Schlein went in arse first and seemed to hit the join of 2 fence panels... god knows what's behind them!

11 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing like Holders IMO.

Edited by iainb

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Not really, tbh. Holders bike lifted the air fence at Cov and he followed it in underneath. Schlein hit the bags in what what looked like an innocuous way, still at some speed though, but he hit the bags rather than the track and the bags didn't budge at all. If he'd gone in like Holder did... well, I dread to think!

Ok I thought he went under it like Holder.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes fair enough Holders was much worse, at the time I remember thinking he may not survive but he did and riding tonight.

It certainly finished him as a world force... such a shame

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It certainly finished him as a world force... such a shame

Yes never the same after that, I asked him about it a couple of seasons ago and he thought at the time walking again might be difficult let alone riding again. One of those occasions where the whole crowd goes quiet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, emilali said:

Another disastrous result against a side with no Barker. Hopefully Dickson gets Starke back to guest for the next match as he’s been a roaring success so far. 

Main ones tonight nos 3 and 4 positions

Plymouth 20 pts   Berwick 5 !!

Top 5 two guests certainly did ok 

But three of regular team only got 5 between them 

Another horrendous result for the Bandits in a meeting which was probably our last opportunity to get pts on the board this season  

Who would pick Paul Starke as a guest once, never mind twice? Awful rider. 

No riders available to improve the main body which is a shame as Schlein won’t ride again this season and Etheridge and Hume are both very poor riders. 

As for Freddy Hodder, surely it’s time to give Mason Watson or a local lad a go, after all they can’t possibly score any worse. 

Edited by BacktrackBandit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, screm said:

Season over.

Early as usual so much for Dickson saying there would be changes if needed with Hodder Berwick have basically been a 6 man team, without injuries if Starkey is the best option deary me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Ever since he's fell out with Thompsons twins and there family it's like they always seems to come back to haunt him. Dan T score a 9 +1 for Ipswich at Leicester now they both score well last night...

Don’t really see the relevance in the context of Berwick Speedway.Just 2 improving riders that are not connected to Berwick in anyway.