British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

1 hour ago, Normski said:

As expected with so much going on elsewhere plus BSN probably swayed a few to stay in and watch it . Berwick crowds are always hard to gauge with such a big stadium to fill. With 5 League meetings left at home and Glasgow,Edinburgh& Workington still to come we are guaranteed decent crowds when they come visiting. It was nice to see a few Scorpions fans there last night.

Who else do Berwick have at home?

Only other one I can think that needs to race at Berwick is Oxford.

5 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oxford and Workington.

Edited by StevePark
To add Glasgow!

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

4 home meetings left Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oxford, Workington

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Add on it was on BSN, completely agree on all your comments,seems only way round track is practically on the fence, this is where the manager has to do something to try and save the season.

I’d say it’s next to impossible to replace Bjork on that average. I can’t think of anyone on a 4 point average who could score what he has been. 

• Like 1

HI , this is not a trick question . the foam/bean bag barrier  , it that not out of date yet . i personaly dont see any kind of help to riders when they hit the bags at high speed .  just like a bean bag that you sit on , the beads break down and become a hard mass and in my way of thinking offer very little or no means of absorbing the impact of a rider . it just seemslike a solid wall .....  .happy to be put right on this matter  . thanks .

15 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

HI , this is not a trick question . the foam/bean bag barrier  , it that not out of date yet . i personaly dont see any kind of help to riders when they hit the bags at high speed .  just like a bean bag that you sit on , the beads break down and become a hard mass and in my way of thinking offer very little or no means of absorbing the impact of a rider . it just seemslike a solid wall .....  .happy to be put right on this matter  . thanks .

It is FIM approved and is obviously not out of date.

Ps

It was well tested by Jason Edward’s a couple of weeks  ago and passed.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, j2ohh said:

i think over the years we may have seen a lot more ambulances on track if it had been the old wooden fence, Unlike some air fences the foam fence doesn't lift up when riders hit it. Where i stand Luke Harrison hit the fence almost leg first at speed and was able to walk away from it so it is doing its job

• Like 2

4 hours ago, j2ohh said:

It went out of date in the winter I believe, so was taken out, improved/fixed/re beaned whatever was done to it, and refitted. It’s definitely better than an air fence in my opinion having watched plenty crashes at plenty tracks, although of course both have pros and cons, depends how you hit it etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Normski said:

i think over the years we may have seen a lot more ambulances on track if it had been the old wooden fence, Unlike some air fences the foam fence doesn't lift up when riders hit it. Where i stand Luke Harrison hit the fence almost leg first at speed and was able to walk away from it so it is doing its job

Luke went in hard mate was a bit stiff yesterday and today but all good fence did it's job with no major injury 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Luke went in hard mate was a bit stiff yesterday and today but all good fence did it's job with no major injury 

thats the main thing m8 good to hear

• Like 1

7.34 with his 2.5% reduction

4 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Plenty interest for Bandit-fans at British Final tomorrow - - Drew Kemp, Rory Schlein, Lewi Kerr and even Freddy Hodder on parade as first reserve! 

I don't think so...