British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

3 minutes ago, emilali said:

Another diabolical performance from Etheridge this evening. He should be sacked imo. Hodder and Hume couldnt have too many arguments if they got it either.

Hodder could be excused considering his experience.Etheridge what can you say.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Hodder could be excused considering his experience.Etheridge what can you say.

Kind of sums up the entire club in the post Peter Waite era for me riders have just gone through the motions without fear of action. Etheridge just the latest in a long list.

After tonights result I'd expect Plymouth to be confident of another victory tomorrow night at Shielfield 

Regarding the car park situation surely a conversation between the promotion and the council could identify the dates when other events will be using the car park so that the speedway could work around them 

Edited by DSC67

2 hours ago, emilali said:

Another diabolical performance from Etheridge this evening. He should be sacked imo. Hodder and Hume couldn't have too many arguments if they got it either.

Riding at number 6, no more can be expected of Hodder imo. Hume has a 6.07 average for 24, more than a point above his starting average, can't drop riders based on one poor performance. Despite all his knockers, Etheridge's 24 average is above his rolling ave too.

9 hours ago, DSC67 said:

After tonights result I'd expect Plymouth to be confident of another victory tomorrow night at Shielfield 

Regarding the car park situation surely a conversation between the promotion and the council could identify the dates when other events will be using the car park so that the speedway could work around them 

From what I told mate council not interested in discussion 

Their car park it seems is mentality 

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Seem to be problems with the third bend

Has the track been good this season.Too do anything you have to ride a couple of feet from the fence.Bastion is the only rider that passes anybody most weeks.

Edited by Fromafar

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Has the track been good this season.Too do anything you have to ride a couple of feet from the fence.Bastion is the only rider that passes anybody most weeks.

To be fair the track has been good mostly hardly any shale on it, apart from the first week when there was,and Hodder had his best meeting remember him saying the following week track was completely different since then he's hardly scored, agree about Bastian great to watch and Rory also.

• 2 weeks later...

Kerr back for Oxford Spires in Premiership. Craig Cook completes his 28 day cover and moves to Leicester, replacing Drew Kemp at reserve?!!!

3 hours ago, Normski said:

Kerr back for Oxford Spires in Premiership. Craig Cook completes his 28 day cover and moves to Leicester, replacing Drew Kemp at reserve?!!!

Based on last night's evidence bit of an odd one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Certainly is, but he must think Cookie will be scoring more points than Drew in the Premiership than Drew would, makes it awkward in the Berwick camp IMO

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Tbf to Drew he's a much different rider if he makes the gate compared to when he doesn't, watched him round Ipswich plenty of times and normally couldn't pass no one if he didn't gate, haps Leicester are thinking Cook can mix it more than Drew if he doesn't gate.

22 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Somehow I don’t think this decision was based on the evidence of one meeting.

Kemp has been fine but hasn’t exactly pulled up any trees, a high score of 8+2 so far this season, his average was actually going down slightly at the start of June for what it’s worth.

Cookie has shown signs both at Workington and Oxford of some sort of a renaissance, maybe not as consistent as he used to be but he could certainly be a match winner for them, it was only a few weeks ago he score 16 from 6 against Sheffield.

It continues to prove that Dickson is prepared to shake things up and that’s something I am glad to have in a Team Manager.

Edited by Hamster00
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Hamster00 said:

Somehow I don’t think this decision was based on the evidence of one meeting.

Kemp has been fine but hasn’t exactly pulled up any trees, a high score of 8+2 so far this season, his average was actually going down slightly at the start of June for what it’s worth.

Cookie has shown signs both at Workington and Oxford of some sort of a renaissance, maybe not as consistent as he used to be but he could certainly be a match winner for them, it was only a few weeks ago he score 16 from 6 against Sheffield.

It continues to prove that Dickson isn’t prepared to shake things up and that’s something I am glad to have in a Team Manager.

Not sure what your last paragraph means.!!

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Not sure what your last paragraph means.!!

He is prepared to make changes when he feels someone is under performing or something isn’t working.

For way too long now at Berwick we’ve been blindly loyal to riders even when it’s clear that they and/or the whole team is underperforming.

I just feel it’s a breath of fresh air to have someone like that as our Team Manager

I’ve also now just noticed my typo in my previous post which may render this whole post moot, oops.

Edited by Hamster00
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2