British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

22 hours ago, screm said:

Bastian Borke races tomorrow in a training meeting in Poland between his team Cellfast Krosno and home side PSZ Poznan, meeting starts at 2pm local time. Updates are here.

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/156363/ps-poznan-cellfast-wilki-krosno

Bastian Borke scored 2+1pts in his sides 51-39 defeat at the hands of home side Poznan.

Berwick`s new reserve Freddie Hodder has been racing today for his NDL side Belle Vue, where he scored 5pts in his sides 38-49 defeat.

Lewis Kerr meanwhile races for a Newcastle select side at Redcar tonight. 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

It's only the mickey mouse border trophy :rofl:

Giving our record in recent times, a slim pickings mickey mouse trophy will do for starters.

I said last night I would reserve judgement on the Berwick team until after the Edinburgh meeting in a couple of weeks, that would be two meetings with Workington, Glasgow and Edinburgh, but so far so good.

What a weekend for the might Bandits, every single one them proving why they were signed as we dispatched the Comics and collected the Border Trophy.

Racing was first class at both venues and a great season opener to wet the whistle before next weeks clash with the Tigers of Glasgow.

Workington certainly seem like they could ruffle some feathers over the course of the season with Zischke and Vuolas certainly looking like hot prospects this afternoon and of course super Claus Vissing proving just how brilliant he is once again.

This season is sure to be an absolute cracker.

Question for the older supporters, remember going on a Southern Tour with Waites coaches of Chirnside,to Oxford, Weymouth,Poole,and Ellesmere Port circa 78 to 82ish if anyone can remember what year that was TIA, there's a pint on it.

21 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Question for the older supporters, remember going on a Southern Tour with Waites coaches of Chirnside,to Oxford, Weymouth,Poole,and Ellesmere Port circa 78 to 82ish if anyone can remember what year that was TIA, there's a pint on it.

This should have what you are looking for.

Speedway Researcher

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

ps

Think we were At Exeter on that tour the night before Weymouth.I remember someone in the crowd shouting at George Hunter how many rides he was going to have in the meeting.(he hated Exeter).George Cumming was the Team Manager if I remember correctly. 

Edited by Fromafar
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

1982 THE 82 Club which we formed as Berwick Supporters Club ran a bus, as did Swinton branch to Ellesmere Port that day, We got stopped at Coldstream by police as that was the sad day that Susan  Maxwell went missing

• Thanks 1

1978 tour we went to Reading Monday Rained Off, Tuesday Crayford v Berwick Rained Off, Wednesday British Final at Coventry Rained Off, Thursday Oxford v Berwick humped 61-17 and Friday Ellesmere Port lost 55-25. A good week was had by all haha

1 hour ago, Normski said:

1978 tour we went to Reading Monday Rained Off, Tuesday Crayford v Berwick Rained Off, Wednesday British Final at Coventry Rained Off, Thursday Oxford v Berwick humped 61-17 and Friday Ellesmere Port lost 55-25. A good week was had by all haha

I remember the ‘81 tour am I right in thinking 4’s Peterborough,Reading,Crayford(Di’s wedding day) Coventry(Midland Riders Champ) Oxford and Finished at Peterborough.A good week. 

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I remember the ‘81 tour am I right in thinking 4’s Peterborough,Reading,Crayford(Di’s wedding day) Coventry(Midland Riders Champ) Oxford and Finished at Peterborough.A good week. 

Lady di's wedding we were in a pub in a place called Ware which is near Rye House

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Lady di's wedding we were in a pub in a place called Ware which is near Rye House

That’s right that’s where we stayed that night.Great tours ,happy days.Your we’re just a boy.!!!!!!!

Edited by Fromafar

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That’s right that’s where we stayed that night.Great tours ,happy days.Your we’re just a boy.!!!!!!!

the porter a tour hotel was called Drew and he got us into a pub early to watch the wedding good p buffet and a few free drinks before we went to Crayford lol

• Like 1