British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

23 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Think it's more than couple and lewy may be right else the subject wouldn't have been brought up.

I’m just going off what I was told by someone involved in the management at Berwick that they are aware of a couple of clashes and aren’t concerned 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but Drew Kemp won’t be getting any rides for Lodz surely with their line up? Maybe at number 8 at best?

You know what the Poles are like, get riders to attend practice sessions even if not in team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Just in case certain Teams need it,same as guest for Top 5 now.Just enjoy the sport not the results is the way too go these days.

I enjoy our results against Edinburgh more than I enjoy the sport.

Every other fixture I just enjoy the racing around Glasgow.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 3

On 2/1/2024 at 11:13 PM, Bagpuss said:

Why is a facility allowed?

I agree about facilities being allowed but the floodgates opened last year when Charles Wright and Connor Bailey were allowed a facility (at least he has been signed at the start of the season).

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

I agree about facilities being allowed but the floodgates opened last year when Charles Wright and Connor Bailey were allowed a facility (at least he has been signed at the start of the season).

They were rearranged fixtures though.....if Kemp is signing for a team whose whole fixture list he can't commit to because of a foreign league then no facility should be allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

They were rearranged fixtures though.....if Kemp is signing for a team whose whole fixture list he can't commit to because of a foreign league then no facility should be allowed.

Your own country should take priority. If you choose to then miss a league match in your own country to ride abroad you should be given a NDL 3.00 guest, not benefit from it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Your own country should take priority. If you choose to then miss a league match in your own country to ride abroad you should be given a NDL 3.00 guest, not benefit from it.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

You have too ask who made up the rules.I’m sure Alex Harkness could help you with that one.

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Celina Liebmann had a big crash the end of last season no idea of her fitness though. 

Daft question, maybe, but what has that got to do with Berwick 2024???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lewy where have you heard about Kemp? You made the statement then haven’t commented on it since, in my view, unless he’s been loaned to a ii liga team, he will just be Basso’s back up and the number 8 for Lodz, and when Leon was Rybnik’s ‘number 8’ he never missed a meeting for us, just went when he had no clash. 

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Lewy where have you heard about Kemp? You made the statement then haven’t commented on it since, in my view, unless he’s been loaned to a ii liga team, he will just be Basso’s back up and the number 8 for Lodz, and when Leon was Rybnik’s ‘number 8’ he never missed a meeting for us, just went when he had no clash. 

I was told by a normally reliable source, however as nothing has been said maybe it's wrong, time will tell.