British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

Trouble that Berwick have is the majority of riders can ride the track well from the front and if they lead into the 3rd corner and don’t make silly mistake it takes a very  good rider to pass them.Slick tracks are what the riders want these days so very difficult to prepare a track to give home advantage unlike that Peter Waite days. 7 Chris Harris clones required.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Yearbyred said:

I think I saw a comment somewhere that said Hume could be a GP rider if speedway didn’t have bends.

Can certainly gate but I found it very frustrating watching him last year due to his inconsistency , but that might just be me.

I think Hume has the ability to be a good rider, far better than he showed last season, for whatever reason did not progress. I am sure he can put at least a point on his average. 

58 minutes ago, alang said:

Drew Kemp next signing on club website

Good signing only 21 years old kicked on at Scunny so hopefully even more progress in 2024

• Like 1

Glad Kemp has got a spot for '24. He seemed to mature a little last year at Scunthorpe and in his PL appearances hopefully he can continue on the upward curve. Interesting to read he was happy to miss Championship as he wanted to concentrate on Poland but then was talked round by Dickson. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I think Hume has the ability to be a good rider, far better than he showed last season, for whatever reason did not progress. I am sure he can put at least a point on his average. 

I think 2023 was Hume's first season where he never rode at reserve, so I guess you can call it a season of consolidation. Now's the time to step up for his & Berwick's benefit.