British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

16 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

How would they enforce the single meeting only tickets though? Just announce after heat 15 of the first meeting 'Right anyone who didn't pay for the second meeting get out' and everyone is honest :rofl: Or perhaps even arrange the fixture lists to avoid this happening in the first place!! Hmmm

I’m stating they lost out on a fair few from Scunthorpe  due to it been a double fixture

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

So far so good,don’t think Borke will there though

More chance of Borke being there than Nielsen

Edited by Normski

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think you can rule out Knudsen.Dont think he liked his home track.Decent rider though just signed up in Poland.

Ah is he I didn’t know that, he’s finished with the under 21’s now hasn’t he? He looked really good when he first came over but disappointed a bit last season.

15 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Happy with Hume. He certainly winds it on around sheilfield. Could well be a fan favourite 

I think I saw a comment somewhere that said Hume could be a GP rider if speedway didn’t have bends.

Can certainly gate but I found it very frustrating watching him last year due to his inconsistency , but that might just be me.

45 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think I saw a comment somewhere that said Hume could be a GP rider if speedway didn’t have bends.

Can certainly gate but I found it very frustrating watching him last year due to his inconsistency , but that might just be me.

Gives 100% any time I have seen him.That will do for me.

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Never quite the same after his huge crash at Ashfield early this year

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Never quite the same after his huge crash at Ashfield early this year

Agree,but his performances away from home on technical tracks was better than most of his home ones.IMO.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

I came over a few times last season and would have to concur. Certainly a trier but looked a frustrating one if he was in your team.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Yearbyred said:

Quite impressed with riders Bandits have signed so far.

On 12/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Yearbyred said:

I'd take riders at Berwick with the ability to gate.... You can certainly pass at our place, we've seen that a lot over the past 2 years, but gating is half the battle! We need to ensure we win our home matches this year .. 4 and 5 losses a season at home isn't good enough! The 3 we've signed so far I am happy with :approve:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

I'd take riders at Berwick with the ability to gate.... You can certainly pass at our place, we've seen that a lot over the past 2 years, but gating is half the battle! We need to ensure we win our home matches this year .. 4 and 5 losses a season at home isn't good enough! The 3 we've signed so far I am happy with :approve:

Thats fair enough, already think the team looks better than last years.

All teams need to be competitive at home, very dispiriting to lose a few home matches.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Thats fair enough, already think the team looks better than last years.

All teams need to be competitive at home, very dispiriting to lose a few home matches.

When you start losing at home regularly the fans vote with their feet and crowd levels drop. Track most weeks was quite slick which suited the away teams, we need to prepare a track which gives us home advantage as other teams do. Winning your home matches especially with bonus point addition being in place can help towards a playoff place.

• Like 1