British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Coles done a good job last season,but he is 28-29 he is not goings to get much better.Nice guy.

The curse of winning all the awards at presentation night strikes again. Going by the rumours that fly about this time of the year Jye will be our 3rd heat leader 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BBSC said:

The curse of winning all the awards at presentation night strikes again. Going by the rumours that fly about this time of the year Jye will be our 3rd heat leader 

Think with 38 points limits not many teams will have a high average third top rider? Given Berwick got something like 22 points left for 5 riders it not huge and other clubs be the same.

Maybe a 2 pointer at reserve leaves four from 20 points left?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

See Spittaler post earlier 

You ain't going to get three heat leaders with new point set up 

Two yes and rest teams filled with 4 to 6 point average guys and 2 point reserve

It way of the world now in Championship 

Yes weaker every season 

9 hours ago, Spittaler said:

Think with 38 points limits not many teams will have a high average third top rider? Given Berwick got something like 22 points left for 5 riders it not huge and other clubs be the same.

Maybe a 2 pointer at reserve leaves four from 20 points left?

I know i am a mile out but a team like this would fit Kerr, Howarth, Sclein, Jye, Bowtell, Coles, Hodder

The way the format works, it should be best to have 2 strong heat leaders (as Berwick do) as they get an extra ride in heat 15, then 4 second strings on similar averages (meaning one will be at reserve) then having a 2.00 number 7 who only needs 3 rides.

Using a second 2.00 rider (meaning 8 rides for 2.00 men not 3) to allow a stronger 3rd heat leader doesn't make sense to me - unless you have very promising 2.00 reserves (like Oxford do).

So for me Etheridge is a fair 3rd heat leader in a weaker league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I see 3 heatleaders in that Team.So some Clubs might have what some people call 3 “Heatleaders “.Obviously weakens 2nd strings and reserves.Worked for Tigers last year IMO

It only worked when they were able to sign another heat leader in place of a second string, wouldn’t have won the league with Nowak

• Like 2
  • Haha 2