British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

18 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You look like a fool. He’s in hospital and you’re trying to point score.

You couldn't be further from the truth.

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You look like a fool. He’s in hospital and you’re trying to point score.

one of the few posters on here who would never do that in my experience

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ch958 said:

one of the few posters on here who would never do that in my experience

He does it to Dick Barrie at any chance he can.

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

What’s the truth then? Why say it? You were dying to correct him as usual.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

Embarrassing, the guys got a bad collarbone/shoulder injury and you’re just trying to get you jollies that Dicks made a mistake

Even though he posted it before the Scunthorpe meeting.

Injuries have played their part but after a reasonable amount of matches we can conclude that this Berwick team just isn`t very good. A play off place is possible, but not probable, but significant changes need to be made for that to happen.

I've never been a big Rory fan but this is sad news. 

I'd imagine that having retired once and come back, this may be career ending definitely season ending. 

With the exception of possibly R Worrall there would be very few replacements available, a fact that is overlooked in my opinion. 

It's all very well to hope for new clubs or returning clubs but where are the riders at heat leader level especially but also second string and credible reserves to staff them. 

Further reduction of second tier points limit or advent of six man teams would appear to be the only logical solution. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HGould said:

I've never been a big Rory fan but this is sad news. 

I'd imagine that having retired once and come back, this may be career ending definitely season ending. 

With the exception of possibly R Worrall there would be very few replacements available, a fact that is overlooked in my opinion. 

It's all very well to hope for new clubs or returning clubs but where are the riders at heat leader level especially but also second string and credible reserves to staff them. 

Further reduction of second tier points limit or advent of six man teams would appear to be the only logical solution. 

I think six man teams would be another nail in the coffin of the sport especially as we are already seeing riders fairly regularly having to come out six or seven times a meeting. Your point is well made though. Where is the next Rory Schlein coming from or riders of similar ability? Who is going to fill the gap Scott Nichols leaves when he eventually goes ? Even in his mid forties there are not that many 20 years younger who can give him a run for his money . It doesn’t look good for the future when these older guys eventually bow out.

Looks like we won`t be seeing Rory Schlein any time soon, this is a message he has posted on social media.

Well that's that.... currently still in hospital awaiting more scans Neck and scapular injuries have been confirmed, other vertebrae injuries to be confirmed later today

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, screm said:

Looks like we won`t be seeing Rory Schlein any time soon, this is a message he has posted on social media.

Well that's that.... currently still in hospital awaiting more scans Neck and scapular injuries have been confirmed, other vertebrae injuries to be confirmed later today

Sad News indeed.It just shows how unlucky injuries can be, it did not look a particularly bad fall compared too some others we have seen.

7 hours ago, screm said:

Yep cannot see him coming back and riding again,great rider  over the years that had had his fair share of injuries,always on it

Delighted for Leon Flint who has qualified for this years SGP2 series after he came through his qualifying round in Macon France last night as I know it was high on his list of achievements for this season. The first of the three finals will be held at Malilla Sweden this coming Friday, the second final will be at Riga Latvia on the 6th of September with the third final at Torun Poland on the 27th of September.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, screm said:

Delighted for Leon Flint who has qualified for this years SGP2 series after he came through his qualifying round in Macon France last night as I know it was high on his list of achievements for this season. The first of the three finals will be held at Malilla Sweden this coming Friday, the second final will be at Riga Latvia on the 6th of September with the third final at Torun Poland on the 27th of September.

Pleased that he qualified,this is a big challenge for him though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Leon has an equal chance of winning the title as any of the other riders in it , he's certainly as good as anyone in the line up and has fantastic backing. 

1 minute ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

Leon has an equal chance of winning the title as any of the other riders in it , he's certainly as good as anyone in the line up and has fantastic backing. 

He’s in it.Im not so optimistic as yourself,but wish him all the best and hope he does well.Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

He'll do well to finish in the top 6. He's done well to qualify, not many Brits do. And there's a reason - the foreign riders are better (at least on the continental tracks where these meetings take place)

Przyjemski has to be favourite, and I honestly think Flint will finish about tenth (but I'd be pleased if he proved me wrong)

18 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Sad News indeed.It just shows how unlucky injuries can be, it did not look a particularly bad fall compared too some others we have seen.

Looked similar to Chris Holder at Coventry years ago in the way he went in feet first. 

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Should be an excellent learning experience for him. Good to see a British rider qualify and if he can qualify for a final and make the top 8 , he will have done well. The Poles will be the riders to beat and the Ukrainian blitzed his qualifier but hopefully Leon can be competitive and get amongst the points in the three rounds. 

Getting back to Berwick see we have Zach Cook, Jordan Jenkins and Paul Starke guesting on Tuesday at Plymouth