British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2024

5 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Absolutely terrible decision in heat 14 by Referee to re run after 2 laps stoppage 

Kemp 50 yards in front

Cost Berwick a super Heat

Even that wasn't needed as on 5 1 in last when kemp clipped fence and lost yards 

Yep pressure destroys some,correct decision with race rerun,just rider inconsistant when it was needed on a one line track,miss gate and lose speed

43 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Yep pressure destroys some,correct decision with race rerun,just rider inconsistant when it was needed on a one line track,miss gate and lose speed

Why was it the correct decision with race rerun? Why should the opposing team be punished for a rider falling off at the back on his own? Kemp was miles clear from Allen. It should have been awarded all day long. MPT should have been excluded in heat 6 too, should never be a red light for punishing yourself that badly at the start.

As for Cook, waste of time.

Changes are afoot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emilali said:

Should never have been signed in the first place hes a joke. Still be the first name on the 2025 team list though I bet.

Who replaces him? 

Nobody is available, however I agree he’s awful and has been for years 

16 minutes ago, BacktrackBandit said:

Who replaces him? 

Nobody is available, however I agree he’s awful and has been for years 

No idea to be honest and not really fussed either. He’s the biggest problem but to be honest its fairly clear most other parts of the team are mediocre as well. Another season written off for Berwick.

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Why was it the correct decision with race rerun? Why should the opposing team be punished for a rider falling off at the back on his own? Kemp was miles clear from Allen. It should have been awarded all day long. MPT should have been excluded in heat 6 too, should never be a red light for punishing yourself that badly at the start.

As for Cook, waste of time.

Changes are afoot. 

Tuff one but right one, if it was last lap would agree but kemp had still laps to complete and as we seen a race later mistakes or breakdowns can happen,not over till the fat lady sings,i I heard nothing,great close match 

Always a tough one when you lose a last heat decider , especially if it's a rerun that goes against you , which they nearly always seem to do . 

Not the best of meetings due the events on track which obviously caused lengthy delays . A very under par performance from Cook which didn't help Berwick's cause ,best wishes to all the injured riders . 

Changes are definitely needed if The Bandits want to save the season 

11 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Always a tough one when you lose a last heat decider , especially if it's a rerun that goes against you , which they nearly always seem to do . 

Not the best of meetings due the events on track which obviously caused lengthy delays . A very under par performance from Cook which didn't help Berwick's cause ,best wishes to all the injured riders . 

Changes are definitely needed if The Bandits want to save the season 

Biggest worry crowd looked down 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Binman said:

Champions League final and the Czech GP didn’t help.

Team changes afoot with Bjork probably out for the season and Kerr needing to completely heal.

Hodder is a big problem, no improvement whatsoever. 

Season practically over already.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Team changes afoot with Bjork probably out for the season and Kerr needing to completely heal.

You will finish above us, at least you are not favourite for the wooden spoon

On 5/28/2024 at 1:41 PM, Normski said:

Kerr back for Oxford Spires in Premiership. Craig Cook completes his 28 day cover and moves to Leicester, replacing Drew Kemp at reserve?!!!

When I sent this news to my speedway mate by text, the one word answer came back.....
"Why?"

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Add on it was on BSN, completely agree on all your comments,seems only way round track is practically on the fence, this is where the manager has to do something to try and save the season.

1 hour ago, Binman said:

As expected with so much going on elsewhere plus BSN probably swayed a few to stay in and watch it . Berwick crowds are always hard to gauge with such a big stadium to fill. With 5 League meetings left at home and Glasgow,Edinburgh& Workington still to come we are guaranteed decent crowds when they come visiting. It was nice to see a few Scorpions fans there last night.

8 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Tuff one but right one, if it was last lap would agree but kemp had still laps to complete and as we seen a race later mistakes or breakdowns can happen,not over till the fat lady sings,i I heard nothing,great close match 

If you allowing for Breakdowns no race should be awarded.

• Like 1