British Speedway Forum

Tigers vs Wolves (playoff semi 2nd leg) 28/09/23

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Why be an ar*e, Roger? Not everybody is an anorak who will find the right website, then delve through the menus and sub-menus to find the written rules and regulations! Most people just don’t have the time either hence asking the question(s) on here. You clearly do and find it “easy”so help with the questions or don’t it’s your choice, but show a little humility eh?

Apologies if you are self-righteously offended.

I can't see the point of putting "I think it's x or y" when there are anoraks (who have bookmarks or saved copies of documents) who will confirm if you actually ask a question.

In an age where some people believe whatever's posted without bothering to seek verification, it's better to ask than just waffle.

The problem we do have, of course, if that even though there are Regulations, the BSPL has twice in the last couple of weeks decided to interpret the wording in a specific way, and also use an average that's not in the Green Sheets.

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lambert will ride for Sheffield at number 1 in both playoff final legs (if they do the obvious and get through)... the only question is, who will ride at 5 and 6 in the home leg of the final at Owlerton? As Lawson and Mountain can’t now

I can’t see it being Harris as he guested for Ipswich in the Semi Final? Fricke is probably the best option, maybe Tarasenko if he fancies the booking? 

Edited by TheSmiler

2 minutes ago, TheSmiler said:

I can’t see it being Harris as he guested for Ipswich in the Semi Final? Fricke is probably the best option, maybe Tarasenko if he fancies the booking? 

Harris can, I think it will be him in both final legs... with Mountain 6 at Foxhall and Newman 6 at Owlerton

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

No. As stated in the Regs, the #1 is not affected by the 8 Day rule.

You're right but this whole discussion is complicated by the fact that Tai is currently no.1 in the Sheffield averages but as of Sunday Tobi moves into the no.1 slot.

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You're right but this whole discussion is complicated by the fact that Tai is currently no.1 in the Sheffield averages but as of Sunday Tobi moves into the no.1 slot.

Whoops!  Thank you. My bad - I should have checked (Aries will be chuckling ;)).  That definitely makes it seem more complex than it needs to be - but that's British speedway ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Harris can, I think it will be him in both final legs... with Mountain 6 at Foxhall and Newman 6 at Owlerton

Seems a strange state of affairs the a rider who has already turned out as a guest for one team in the semis (Ipswich) can now ride for another in the final.

I can't find anything in the regs. to prevent this happening though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tocha said:

Seems a strange state of affairs the a rider who has already turned out as a guest for one team in the semis (Ipswich) can now ride for another in the final.

I can't find anything in the regs. to prevent this happening though.

I’ve heard on the grape vine that Harris will be guesting at 5 for Tai in the final, against the team that he helped make the final :S with Robert guesting at 1 for Musie obviously

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I’ve heard on the grape vine that Harris will be guesting at 5 for Tai in the final, against the team that he helped make the final :S with Robert guesting at 1 for Musie obviously

Another winners and losers medal for Bomber...?

On the podium, off the podium, back on the podium...:D

15 minutes ago, chun said:

surely it’s an advantage for a team to be able to pick ‘horses for courses’.  i’d prefer to see the same 1-7 for both legs

Depends if you find the right horse..Lawson or Harris and not as good as Woffy or Muse.for example 

16 minutes ago, chun said:

surely it’s an advantage for a team to be able to pick ‘horses for courses’.  i’d prefer to see the same 1-7 for both legs

Which is why Sheffield picked Vissing... they knew he wouldn't be available....

As for Harris guesting for Sheffield .... 

So a rider in the play offs can't guest for another team .... but one not in the play offs can guest for 2 different teams .. :blink:

Rule book really needs a long overdue rewrite....

• Sad 1

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Which is why Sheffield picked Vissing... they knew he wouldn't be available....

As for Harris guesting for Sheffield .... 

So a rider in the play offs can't guest for another team .... but one not in the play offs can guest for 2 different teams .. :blink:

Rule book really needs a long overdue rewrite....

Yep there’s no rule against it tbh