British Speedway Forum

REDCAR V GLASGOW (CAB DIRECT CHAMP P/O) 27/9/ 23

Looks like the fans have given 6 team play offs a resounding thumbs down! A terrible crowd at Edinburgh last Friday, a meagre crowd in tonight's nothing match for Redcar and probably the same again (at this rate) when/if Glasgow face Oxford. 

Edit: maybe Glasgow are not out of it!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

That looked nasty. Hopefully both riders are okay.

Arguably harsh, but Jack Smith is woeful and the irony of Lee Complin regularly playing to the galleries while letting down Glasgow is incredible. I’ll be amazed if between them, they score more than three points tonight.

Cami Brown has been forced into using Tarasenko in heat three thanks to two horrendous heats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looks like the fans have given 6 team play offs a resounding thumbs down! A terrible crowd at Edinburgh last Friday, a meagre crowd in tonight's nothing match for Redcar and probably the same again (at this rate) when/if Glasgow face Oxford. 

Edit: maybe Glasgow are not out of it!

It’s a nothing match for Redcar on a non standard race night,  in not very pleasant weather and it’s being streamed (which is where I’m watching).

Not surprised the crowd is down.

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

It’s a nothing match for Redcar on a non standard race night,  in not very pleasant weather and it’s being streamed (which is where I’m watching).

Not surprised the crowd is down.

A great climax to the season! Isn't this just a rerun of the BSN Series in effect? But with teams at the opposite ends of the country

Edited by iainb

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Well done, Jack Smith. I was critical earlier, so it’s only fair I give credit where it’s due. A point in that race is outstanding.

There’s no way Basso could have hung around to protect him.

This, but for Complin. What a ride.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

23 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Again, hopefully Bailey’s okay, but between Wright being unavailable, Sedgmen taking out Bailey, then both Harrison and Bailey falling in the last two, Glasgow are making difficult work of a meeting that’s being handed to them on a silver plate.

That’s unfair on Redcar. And we have R/R and a guest too.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Desperate luck for Redcar with injuries mullering there season

That’s true but even with a full strength team it would have been difficult. Glasgow had  too much strength in depth tonight and Bears far too inconsistent. Bailey had an awful night and so did King to an extent.

Fair play to Jason Edwards though, superb showing.