British Speedway Forum

REDCAR V GLASGOW (CAB DIRECT CHAMP P/O) 27/9/ 23

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I've seen teams go out to thank their fans and they generally walk up to them giving them a clap and a wave... none of this lining up against the fence for photo's business that's usually reserved for the winning of titles... when you've won one you'll get the hang of it :D

Are you real? Photos showing happy riders and fans posing for photos should only be taken if you win a title????? You'll be saying next that the Glasgow fans shouldn't stand up, cheer, wave  flags and toot airhorns after each race. My god how dare they and the riders actually enjoy themselves. No wonder Leicester is up for sale with fans like you!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have to say I've no problem with teams celebrating victories, especially away from home with fans travelling to watch. It's like the old football cliche 'team A celebrated like they'd won the World Cup!' 

Defeats are horrible so make the most of the wins, that what I say. Sport is there to be enjoyed.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Are you real? Photos showing happy riders and fans posing for photos should only be taken if you win a title????? You'll be saying next that the Glasgow fans shouldn't stand up, cheer, wave  flags and toot airhorns after each race. My god how dare they and the riders actually enjoy themselves. No wonder Leicester is up for sale with fans like you!

Relax, drama Queen. I’m a Tigers fan and even I see what @iainb is saying.

Applauding the fans on the victory parade, yes, but standing on the track with fists raised like a boxer in front of the camera isn’t for me. Save that for celebrating trophies. It was equivalent to Real Madrid doing a lap of honour after beating a depleted Accrington Stanley.

The scoreline flattered Glasgow; no doubt about that. You’d have been safe putting your mortgage on them winning last night, but they were 10-2 down after two heats to a depleted Redcar who were missing the CLRC winner, his guest replacement withdrew after one bend, having taken out his team mate who evidently felt the affects of the crash throughout the meeting, costing him when in point scoring positions. Edwards beat Basso, Riss beat Tarasenko and Hume beat Harris.

Glasgow cannot afford not the be conscious of the manner in which they won. It should have been a case of applauding the fans, then up the road. Full focus on a big, big improvement against Oxford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Applauding the fans on the victory parade, yes, but standing on the track with fists raised like a boxer in front of the camera isn’t for me. Save that for celebrating trophies. It was equivalent to Real Madrid doing a lap of honour after beating a depleted Accrington Stanley.

The scoreline flattered Glasgow; no doubt about that. You’d have been safe putting your mortgage on them winning last night, but they were 10-2 down after two heats to a depleted Redcar who were missing the CLRC winner, his guest replacement withdrew after one bend, having taken out his team mate who evidently felt the affects of the crash throughout the meeting, costing him when in point scoring positions. Edwards beat Basso, Riss beat Tarasenko and Hume beat Harris.

Glasgow cannot afford not the be conscious of the manner in which they won. It should have been a case of applauding the fans, then up the road. Full focus on a big, big improvement against Oxford.

Anything you say Richard, apart from the bit you say you are a Tigers fan. You might go along to home meetings but in no sense are you a fan. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Anything you say Richard, apart from the bit you say you are a Tigers fan. You might go along to home meetings but in no sense are you a fan. 

Between this bizarre attempt at denouncing my support of Glasgow and your “no wonder Leicester is up for sale with fans like you” comment to someone else, I’m not sure engaging in a sensible discussion with you is possible.

Valid points have been raised here, but you’ve chose to respond with childishness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Bomber had four wins. Ben had four paid wins. Tarasenko had three paid wins. Tom had two wins. Lee Complain scored in four rides. Two last places between heats 3 and 14.

Heats one and two were probably all about being caught out by setup - exactly what probably happened to Oxford last week when they went down early.

What do you want?!? Some people's expectations are so far off, it's incredible.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Bomber had four wins. Ben had four paid wins. Tarasenko had three paid wins. Tom had two wins. Lee Complain scored in four rides. Two last places between heats 3 and 14.

Heats one and two were probably all about being caught out by setup - exactly what probably happened to Oxford last week when they went down early.

What do you want?!? Some people's expectations are so far off, it's incredible.

Wow. Never before has a point been missed so spectacularly.

You’ve said the first two races may have been about set-up -  “exactly what probably” is an incredible sentence, by the way - which is an assumption, so let’s use your logic from the other side of the fence;

- If Charles Wright was riding, he’d probably have scored more than Justin Sedgmen’s zero.

- If Sedgmen’s chain hadn’t snapped, he’d probably have scored more than zero.

- If Connor Bailey hadn’t been wiped-out by Sedgmen, he’d probably have scored more than one point.

Assuming those instances didn’t happen, Redcar took a 10-2 lead and Hume, Riss and Edwards beat Tarasenko, Basso and Harris? Last night’s a whole different story.

My point isn’t that Glasgow didn’t deserve to win; it’s that they’ll have to be much better against Oxford because if I’m a Redcar fan, I’m looking at a missed opportunity last night because of bad luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I knew you’d love that.

Also, if you didn’t pick a fight with everyone, you’d probably get on better with them too.

Do you know what the most challenging part of this forum is? Grown men who are incapable of debating without subliminally seeking back-up, like suggesting you ”pick a fight with everyone”.

Don’t quote me if you’re unwilling to engage in a debate.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Do you know what the most challenging part of this forum is? Grown men who are incapable of debating without subliminally seeking back-up, like suggesting you ”pick a fight with everyone”.

Don’t quote me if you’re unwilling to engage in a debate.

Subliminally seeking backup. You're funny.

It's not the first time you've been told that on here, but you keep saying other people are the problem. It's you, and I think you need told. I'm not being nasty, just straight.

I'd like to propose we trade a sensible Poole fan, if there are any :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Have you just seen how Sheffield have celebrated reaching the final? That's how you do it... not what goes on when Glasgow win a match away from home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, iainb said:

Have you just seen how Sheffield have celebrated reaching the final? That's how you do it... not what goes on when Glasgow win a match away from home

I remember Zaine Kennedy did two celebratory laps when Leicester won the title at Ashfield. Wild.

Some spoilsports moaned about that too.