British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

Anzum

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

As much as I want Oxford to get to the final (and our best chance is probably for it to be rained off), that's not how I want it to happen. The group surely can't just end like that. Rules are rules and yes extending again is ridiculous, but common sense surely has to prevail. I really hope it can be staged on Saturday, but the cut off has to extended if not.

44 minutes ago, tocha said:

Unlikely I would have thought. Scott Nicholls is due be on duty with Discovery+ for the Torun SGP.

Wow, look what Redcar had to run with at Oxford 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Then if I was Oxford I would refuse to ride in that case, most important meeting of the season and your without your skipper! 

I’m guessing if we offer Saturday and Oxford refuse (Unlikely) then that can be construed in the same way as Glasgow not completing the fixture.

If that is the case should they forfeit the tie , it’s just a ridiculous scenario that we are discussing one club or the other forfeiting a tie for differing reasons.

1 hour ago, Biffa said:

Wow, look what Redcar had to run with at Oxford 

But as the alleged cut off is end of September what other dates could be offered

Thursday PL

Friday Redcar vs Oxford

Saturday Glasgow vs Poole

Monday PL

Tuesday Glasgow vs Oxford

Wednesday Chargers va Armadale (another fixture that needs to be run 

Thursday PL

Edited by Triple.H.

3 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

What’s your point? I’m literally saying I would rather it was staged on Saturday than Glasgow forfeiting the fixture! 

Yes, you might be but others saying Oxford won't agree to fixture without Scott. What about Thursday? But then no Masters? Although prob no way back for Wolves now. Not sure if he can choose Oxford over them? 

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

Considering the stick the promotion got for the Berwick meeting a couple of weeks earlier (when no rain had even been predicted) and another call off around the same time, no. It rains a lot in Glasgow. It's can also be very localised. They try to give certainty rather than leave people bored and grouchy hiding under a tin roof.

Wasn't the stick mainly concerned with the low discount offered for the restaging - something like £4. Edinburgh in roughly similar circumstances charged £6 or so, giving a discount of over £14. Figures may not be exact but close enough. 

2 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Wasn't the stick mainly concerned with the low discount offered for the restaging - something like £4. Edinburgh in roughly similar circumstances charged £6 or so, giving a discount of over £14. Figures may not be exact but close enough. 

They got stick for a lot of things, but yes, that too. They were only enforcing the league's policy. The previous year, when they didn't and we're more generous, they got stick for that as well. Makes you wonder why anyone would bother being a promoter really!

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 2