British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Oxford play offs 26/9/23

Anzum

7 hours ago, Debbi said:

I don’t use twitter/X so wouldn’t know what he has said on that. 

All I was saying was that it depends which contract he signed first and as GP dates are released nearly a year in advance he was possibly already signed up for this meeting. It’s no different to a Polish meeting taking president over a re-scheduled match.

There has been mention on other forums that Tarasenko hadn’t flown in today for the meeting, and others claiming it was dry in Glasgow I have no idea what is correct but all adds fuel to the fire.

The link to it is on previous pages of this thread as I'm sure you'll be aware. Know what you're saying was how dare we question the integrity of someone who questioned that of our promotion.

Yes, the meeting was already off why would he fly in to fly back for no reason? Unless underwater speedway is your thing there's no fuel and no fire

7 hours ago, Debbi said:

All I was saying was that it depends which contract he signed first and as GP dates are released nearly a year in advance he was possibly already signed up for this meeting. It’s no different to a Polish meeting taking president over a re-scheduled match.

There has been mention on other forums that Tarasenko hadn’t flown in today for the meeting, and others claiming it was dry in Glasgow I have no idea what is correct but all adds fuel to the fire.

You ever considered stand up , definitely a future for you in that.

• Haha 2

Come on guys …..simple answer Glasgow have to run a business……shall we gamble on being able to run the meeting against a dodgy weather forecast , or cut our losses and tell the russian to not save money on a flight. ? 

Still think too many “tactical”  call offs earlier in the season by all clubs. Propose that HOME teams should have to ride re scheduled meetings with their original   programmed 1-7 rather than frivolously call off meetings when they are missing riders. e.g in this case vissing would be ineligible for the re run of this meeting. And a guest MUST ride at 7 .

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Debbi said:

You read this topic so you should have seen his Tweet

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

We certainly haven’t posted any videos 

Somebody associated with you did.

It is actually getting pretty pathetic that evidence has to be  posted .

We then move on from that to Vlad not boarding a flight and Nicholls questioning the decision in a way that he is not questioning it but planting a seed.

It has been hilarious right enough.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Debbi said:

Other than the fact one is a TV presenter role and one is a speedway meeting then nah, there's barely any difference.

I wonder if Lee Complin had agreed to do a plumbing job last year if Glasgow could get a guest in?

• Like 4

I think some of you are interpreting for your own agenda.  The post simply said "so we won't be going to Glasgow tonight...Hmmm" with a thinking emoji and then a rain cloud.  It could simply mean so when will we be going as it has to be done by the end of Sept - if you want to know what he meant, just ask him!

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Come on guys …..simple answer Glasgow have to run a business……shall we gamble on being able to run the meeting against a dodgy weather forecast , or cut our losses and tell the russian to not save money on a flight. ? 

Still think too many “tactical”  call offs earlier in the season by all clubs. Propose that HOME teams should have to ride re scheduled meetings with their original   programmed 1-7 rather than frivolously call off meetings when they are missing riders. e.g in this case vissing would be ineligible for the re run of this meeting. And a guest MUST ride at 7 .

I'm sorry but I think that's the worst thing they could do, fans already complain that too many guests are used, now this would lead to clubs using a guest when their own riders are fit!

When Scott signed a contract for the GPs he must have known there was a chance of a Saturday match taking place, either because of rain-offs or racing Berwick. So I assume there is a contingency plan for fixture clashes.

I don't think Oxford should be able to refuse the date because he is missing, especially as Redcar rode at Oxford with missing riders. Plus other riders have second jobs, but still make all their matches.

I'm not saying Scott isn't good at his TV job, but him missing the match isn't going to stop people watching / hurt the show, but missing the Oxford match could be a travesty for the Cheetahs, so I'd imagine he'd prefer to be there.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think some of you are interpreting for your own agenda.  The post simply said "so we won't be going to Glasgow tonight...Hmmm" with a thinking emoji and then a rain cloud.  It could simply mean so when will we be going as it has to be done by the end of Sept - if you want to know what he meant, just ask him!

Exactly. It could be, for example, that he has planned his schedule this week and now anticipates the fixture being re-run on Friday meaning a rush to get to Poland for Saturday. He could even have booked a flight for Friday.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Debbi said:

You are questioning his integrity when you are saying he should give up the tv contract (that he would have locked in way before this fixture existed), saying nobody would miss him from tv coverage that’s your opinion which you are entitled to, I actually like Scott presenting and think he’s one of the best rider presenters there is. The world team cup presentation was poorer without him.

You have to remember that Discovery are a multi-billion dollar company, they do contracts for years at a time so say he signed a contract for 3 years, but is on a season by season racing contract, do you expect him to breach his contract. British speedway is going to the dogs and that’s gutting.

First, I didn't say anything about Scott - it was someone else. Second, that's not about integrity. That's simply someone's opinion about what should be more important.

Obviously, the sensible answer is simply that he will have an arrangement in place and just needs to follow that. I don't think anyone is suggesting he wouldn't. Some people may think riding *should* take precedence over TV, and I think that was the inference that was made.

The cut off was this Saturday. Until the league sponsors rocked up and said that wont be happening.

GLASGOW’S potential Cab Direct Championship Play-Off decider with Oxford will now take place on Tuesday, October 3.

The Allied Vehicles Tigers clash with the Cheetahs had originally been scheduled to take place last night (Tuesday).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

The cut off was this Saturday. Until the league sponsors rocked up and said that wont be happening.

GLASGOW’S potential Cab Direct Championship Play-Off decider with Oxford will now take place on Tuesday, October 3.

The Allied Vehicles Tigers clash with the Cheetahs had originally been scheduled to take place last night (Tuesday).

Now for a whole new outburst……..lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SilentLurker said:

Excuse me Glasgow offered this Friday and Oxford declined. Glasgow have bent over backwards to get these fixtures completed within an apparent deadline. A 'deadline' that doesn't appear in the rules but seems to have been mentioned by Rob Godfrey in passing. They are meant to be money making matches yet Glasgow agreed to race both their home fixtures off night to the potential detriment of their business. Your implication that Glasgow got the rules changed for their benefit is ludicrous. If they had that much clout they would have insisted that Oxford turn up on Friday and if they didn't claim the win.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Somebody associated with you did.

It is actually getting pretty pathetic that evidence has to be  posted .

We then move on from that to Vlad not boarding a flight and Nicholls questioning the decision in a way that he is not questioning it but planting a seed.

It has been hilarious right enough.

Exactly. Unless it ended up being staged on Saturday (which it's now not), it wasn't in Glasgow's best interests to call it off is it, so why would there be an ulterior motive?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 1

This bit confuses me:

It had been ruled that all Play-Off group fixtures must be completed by October 1.

In accordance with this, the Tigers management had offered to run the restaging this Friday. However, Oxford were unable to accommodate this due to rider availability.

Therefore the next available race night was Tuesday and that has now been confirmed.

Does that mean cut-off dates are not set in stone & only applicable if clubs don't have riders missing?

So I'm assuming next year a club is allowed to refuse a date before the cut-off date of any competition, as long as they have riders missing?

So really the rule should be along the lines of "all Championship fixtures should be completed by 31st August unless clubs are unable to accommodate this due to rider availability in this situation clubs can run on the next suitable date for both clubs"

• Like 2