British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Team 2024

2 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd keep both... Lasse and 2 and Borke at 6. Both would do decent jobs as second strings and take up barely any points in the process... Edinburgh's team for next season seems a difficult one, as heatleader options seem limited. Unless Craig Cook comes back, but that would be a massive risk. If they can bring in say Riss and Sedgmen at the 3 and 5 and get someone like Steve Worrall or Richie Worrall (if he's allowed to ride) as number 1 then the top 5 don't look too bad.

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

4. 4.89? Alfie Bowtell, Danyon Hume, James Pearson, Jacob Hook

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

7. 2.00-2.89 depending on which number 4 you pick (Connor Coles?)

It's a bit harsh leaving out Paco, but where does he fit?

Not a bad looking team. Personally, would go for Hume at 4 and quite happily have Coles at reserve. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd keep both... Lasse and 2 and Borke at 6. Both would do decent jobs as second strings and take up barely any points in the process... Edinburgh's team for next season seems a difficult one, as heatleader options seem limited. Unless Craig Cook comes back, but that would be a massive risk. If they can bring in say Riss and Sedgmen at the 3 and 5 and get someone like Steve Worrall or Richie Worrall (if he's allowed to ride) as number 1 then the top 5 don't look too bad.

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

Looks a decent team, if you chose Hook, could fit in Castagna instead of Fredriksen.

10 hours ago, Macca said:

Not a bad looking team. Personally, would go for Hume at 4 and quite happily have Coles at reserve. 

Can't have Hume and Coles... Coles would only fit with either James Pearson or Hook

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Looks a decent team, if you chose Hook, could fit in Castagna instead of Fredriksen.

I don't know... I really like Lasse for some reason, think he should definitely be in the team... Although

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

19 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Steve Worrall 7.84

2. Lasse Fredriksen 4.57

3. Justin Sedgmen 7.69

5. Erik Riss 7.35

6. Bastian Borke 4.00

Very decent. I’d be happy if it’s close to this. Either Worrall/Riss/Sedgy is a really strong top three given the points restriction. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Can't have Hume and Coles... Coles would only fit with either James Pearson or Hook

I don't know... I really like Lasse for some reason, think he should definitely be in the team... Although

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

Absolutely wouldn’t object to this either however I’d like to see Lasse back. 

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Steve Worrall

2. Jacob Hook

3. Justin Sedgmen

4. Paco Castagna

5. Erik Riss

6. Bastian Borke

7. 2.00er

Ain't bad at all...

A shame we couldn’t squeeze Lasse in at 2 there. Think Jacob might struggle at 2. 

On 10/26/2023 at 12:42 AM, TheScotsman said:

Interested to know why?

Lasse has been VERY unlucky with injuries but can score well when fit.

Bastian seems to have a big problem with gating. You can get away with that on a couple of tracks but not the majority.

Probably relating to your second sentence. When fit. Lasse is injured quite a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Borke would probably be the better bet due to reliability .

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Probably relating to your second sentence. When fit. Lasse is injured quite a lot, wouldn't you agree?

Borke would probably be the better bet due to reliability .

To add to the injury point, he always seems to come back and be very tentative for a good while after it. Openly said during a meeting that he wasn’t trying hard. Can be frustrating. 

Differing risks with each option. 

Just now, Macca said:

To add to the injury point, he always seems to come back and be very tentative for a good while after it. Openly said during a meeting that he wasn’t trying hard. Can be frustrating. 

Differing risks with each option. 

Well thats no good at all. Expecting fans to pay and turn up to see a bang average foreigner not try hard cos he isnt fit. Another reason fans stay away.

The day that clubs and promotions rule the roost rather than riders, especially mediocre foreign riders, is the day the sport may start heading upwards rather than down the sewer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Well thats no good at all. Expecting fans to pay and turn up to see a bang average foreigner not try hard cos he isnt fit. Another reason fans stay away.

The day that clubs and promotions rule the roost rather than riders, especially mediocre foreign riders, is the day the sport may start heading upwards rather than down the sewer.

What relevance does him being a foreigner have?

5 hours ago, Macca said:

A shame we couldn’t squeeze Lasse in at 2 there. Think Jacob might struggle at 2. 

Could swap Bastian and Jacob around... Just put Bastian at reserve to get that stronger rider there for the start of the season... I'm sure Bastian and Jacob would quickly swap roles and Hook would be at 6...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Interesting that Kye isn’t in anyone’s line up. 

Victim of his own success to an extent? Made excellent progress in his first two seasons which increased expectations, but didn’t progress as I’m sure he’d have hoped to this season. Away GSA of 5.06 (lower than Paco and Lasse) speaks volumes. 

I’d just left by time Campbell gave his speech after the last meeting, but many described it as being ‘very harsh’ on the team. You’d think the promotion aren’t planning on having too many back next season, and maybe they feel Kye didn’t do enough to warrant a place.

Or, maybe, their plan is to try and build a team that can win home matches again, and think he is a good fit for that. Who knows!

A really nice, likeable guy and would wish him all the best, including securing a spot elsewhere, if not returning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Victim of his own success to an extent? Made excellent progress in his first two seasons which increased expectations, but didn’t progress as I’m sure he’d have hoped to this season. Away GSA of 5.06 (lower than Paco and Lasse) speaks volumes. 

I’d just left by time Campbell gave his speech after the last meeting, but many described it as being ‘very harsh’ on the team. You’d think the promotion aren’t planning on having too many back next season, and maybe they feel Kye didn’t do enough to warrant a place.

Or, maybe, their plan is to try and build a team that can win home matches again, and think he is a good fit for that. Who knows!

A really nice, likeable guy and would wish him all the best, including securing a spot elsewhere, if not returning.

I think a season or two elsewhere might not be the worst idea. He was getting a really ruthless/hard but fair streak to his riding towards the end of 2022 which he seemed to miss last season again. Great on his night be too often went missing. 

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Could swap Bastian and Jacob around... Just put Bastian at reserve to get that stronger rider there for the start of the season... I'm sure Bastian and Jacob would quickly swap roles and Hook would be at 6...

Is Bastian the stronger rider though? Not much between them imo

14 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Interesting that Kye isn’t in anyone’s line up. 

He certainly gets overlooked compared to the Cook's. Kyle started the season with a higher ave than both Ben & Zach, but they got Prem team places before he did. Ben has since overtaken him, buy Kye still has a higher Champ ave than Zach.

Similar thing happened to Pickering, he was overlooked for a Prem spot, long before he got a place.

Obviously in the Prem, the Cook's have outscored Kye. Although racing for King's Lynn seems to hinder everyone's scoring?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:42 PM, TheScotsman said:

Interested to know why?

Lasse has been VERY unlucky with injuries but can score well when fit.

Bastian seems to have a big problem with gating. You can get away with that on a couple of tracks but not the majority.

They are both more than adequate riders who give it their all but I just think Bastian has what American sports pundits call a 'higher ceiling' mostly on account of his age (BB will be 22 next season whereas Lasse will be 26). I believe Lasse is as good as he is ever going to get. 

Edited by Nickinho