British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2024

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No convincing needed, Poole are a good team even with Thomsen, Scunthorpe have  riders like Howarth and MPT who need to improve quite a bit from last season.

Thomsen is a 1.5pt rider with a 4 pt average!!! Terrible team building… 

18 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Thomsen is a 1.5pt rider with a 4 pt average!!! Terrible team building… 

Must say this Thomsen bloke if going by some on here has no hope of getting off the start line he's been completely written off by a few on here, personally I've never heard of him maybe his dad Finn ? but if he does do well a few red faces on here or I told you so would be appropriate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Why would you round up the .075 though.

I believe that’s the way they do it. They Round up the reduction first then take that off the average.

Should be rounded up after the reduction imo. However it’s open to abuse and depends what club you are and if your promotion are part of the BSPA board or not. In Scunthorpes case they’ve got one of the most corrupt in Godfrey.

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I believe that’s the way they do it. They Round up the reduction first then take that off the average.

Should be rounded up after the reduction imo. However it’s open to abuse and depends what club you are and if your promotion are part of the BSPA board or not. In Scunthorpes case they’ve got one of the most corrupt in Godfrey.

Ooooo you're not allowed to say that :nono:

It is straight forward

Whatever way rounding is done (and either is acceptable) - it should be applied comnsistently 

So lets look at the most recent precedent:

2021 end of season average - Max Clegg 5.40

2022 starting average 5.40 less 2.5% = 5.265

2022 starting greensheet 5.27

=> an average of 3.00 less 2.5% should be 2.93.

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Seems a strange way to do it.But that’s Speedway.Hey Ho.

2 hours ago, arnieg said:

It is straight forward

Whatever way rounding is done (and either is acceptable) - it should be applied comnsistently 

So lets look at the most recent precedent:

2021 end of season average - Max Clegg 5.40

2022 starting average 5.40 less 2.5% = 5.265

2022 starting greensheet 5.27

=> an average of 3.00 less 2.5% should be 2.93.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Seems a strange way to do it.But that’s Speedway.Hey Ho.

As Arnie says if they do it that way for everyone then fine. But shouldn't be done whichever way fits best. I always thought it was average then minus 2.5% and then round up or down as needed. 

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

As Arnie says if they do it that way for everyone then fine. But shouldn't be done whichever way fits best. I always thought it was average then minus 2.5% and then round up or down as needed. 

Would agree if that’s the way they do it.To me  logical way is to round it up at the end of the calculation.

37 minutes ago, skydog said:

Could it be that the 3.00 is already rounded up from let's say 2.996? 

So his actual average minus 2.5% is 2.9211, which would be rounded down...

Maybe?

Nope it's 3.0000000000000000000000000

[72 rides 54 points]

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

A British rider gets a 2.5% discount off his Final Average for the following seasons New Declarations

NOT

A British rider's average is 97.5% of his Final Average the following season.

Correct, 2.5% discount is 0.075 which means his average should be 2.93 when rounded.

An average of 2.92 would mean a 2.66% discount

Manipulated to suit.

• Haha 1