British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe 2024

On 9/24/2023 at 5:21 PM, Ben91 said:

Assume Jordan Palin will be in Scunthorpe thoughts too if he comes back next season? 

Hope he does come back but maybe a season just riding in the NDL may serve him better given wot happened and his subsequent health problems.

9 hours ago, stumper said:

Not sure if could work re averages etc but off the top of my head what I would like to see assuming league format same as this year:

1. Douglas

2. Mountain

3. Lambert

4. Allen

5. Pickering

6. Harrison

7. Ablitt

potentially weak at reserve but worth it to try and get Douglas and Pickering in the side

Harrison at Redcar i reckon 

• Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2023 at 4:42 PM, scunnyboy said:

I would go with Douglas, lambert, Kennedy, Harrison to start with then work from there. 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2023 at 8:44 PM, scunnyboy said:

I would go with Douglas,Harrison,Kennedy,Lambert to start with then work from there

19 hours ago, scunnyboy said:

I would say Douglas, Kennedy, Lambert, Harrison to start with and work from there 

That is the third time posting the same team! Trying to push an issue?

I, as a Scorpion fan, have a couple of teams noted but will not post yet until the season has finished.

It is a case of, to some of our riders still trying to win some silverware for us, "thanks but no thanks".

18 minutes ago, scunnyboy said:

No not trying to push an issue just having problems posting comments because I've not been on this forum for a long time I apollogise

No problem.

I have seen that new(ish) posters are not seeing their posts as they have to be ratified by the moderators so this might be the case for you.

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I, as a Scorpion fan, have a couple of teams noted but will not post yet until the season has finished.

It is a case of, to some of our riders still trying to win some silverware for us, "thanks but no thanks".

Let's hope they don't include Luke Harrison 

On 9/25/2023 at 12:27 PM, Bojangles said:

A lot of the team building will be academic until the league structure is announced, no?

Never know a season of so much uncertainty ahead - will it be one league, two league, three leagues? A good Championship side might not be that great if it's just one big league for instance.

I totally agree with 2 premiership and one championship team reported not to be at tapes in 2024  it would be very foolish for any team to name riders before what is going to happen . I am sure that some promoters will have had talks with some riders with " if its this or that "will you join us.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, archie21 said:

I totally agree with 2 premiership and one championship team reported not to be at tapes in 2024  it would be very foolish for any team to name riders before what is going to happen . I am sure that some promoters will have had talks with some riders with " if its this or that "will you join us.

Who is the Champ one? 

51 minutes ago, archie21 said:

I expect it will be Edinburgh if all the roomers are correct. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shaymen said:

I honestly think Dougie will be in Polands top league next season so that rules out Fridays I'd of thought 

See International section, Liga 2. He has already signed for a relegated Liga1 (Poznan)side so will be in Poland's Liga 2 next year.

• Haha 1