British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Redcar, play offs 230923

Jaizer

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's interesting some saying Glasgow are stronger without Vissing, others saying they have no chance using r/r.

I feel they are slightly weaker without him, but don't feel r/r could be used as an excuse for defeat / explanation for a victory.

He is very strong around Glasgow not so much away.

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It's interesting some saying Glasgow are stronger without Vissing, others saying they have no chance using r/r.

I feel they are slightly weaker without him, but don't feel r/r could be used as an excuse for defeat / explanation for a victory.

Claus would've got more than 5 today, but if we get 5/6 at Redcar then no he probably wouldn't. Tbh evens itself out imo

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

According to BSN  last night if a home team can't get the match played before the cut off date they forfeit the tie.

I find it strange they allow the league cut-off date to be extended, presumably as it's important for all teams to have an equal chance of qualifying. But then don't extend the cut-off date, once the play-offs start!

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I find it strange they allow the league cut-off date to be extended, presumably as it's important for all teams to have an equal chance of qualifying. But then don't extend the cut-off date, once the play-offs start!

It’s just the usual shambles.Tracks now struggling to run Dozen meetings a season.FFS.

• Like 5

Because they extended the League deadline, there are less dates to run the play-offs, especially with six teams in them and FOUR of them running on a Friday.

3 hours ago, highside said:

If there was so many meetings called off earlier in the season for missing riders oops i mean bad weather there would be no panic now .

Spot on. Too many blank weeks and then the usual end of season clamber to get the fixtures in.

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s just the usual shambles.Tracks now struggling to run Dozen meetings a season.FFS.

I think next season should be better organised fixture wise, with 14 or so teams in one league (not sure how many will drop to NDL and how many will run in the whatever it's called "one league").

________________00000000000_____________

Six teams in the play-offs, especially with a nine-team league, is IMO, ludicrous.  Top Four - Semi Final and Final - would have been quite sufficient, but they are going after the £££, without putting any real thought into it (as usual).

• Like 3

How long do you extend the deadline?? Bonfire nite, Xmas day ? Same happens every year, they say gonna be better next year, just the same blank dates in summer. Then trying to jam fixtures in when the weather is iffy at the best 

• Like 1

They run guestfests after guestfests all season, yet have blank weeks due to rider availability...

Work that one out...:D

Just run meetings with 14 different riders if needed, as it won't make much (any?) difference to the credibility of what's on offer..

And it would at least get the league done on time...

51 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They run guestfests after guestfests all season, yet have blank weeks due to rider availability...

Work that one out...:D

Just run meetings with 14 different riders if needed, as it won't make much (any?) difference to the credibility of what's on offer..

And it would at least get the league done on time...

Sadly guestfests are unfair on Glasgow as Bomber already rides for them!

Perhaps they could typically ride a play off home leg v Oxford on a Saturday / Monday when Scotty would be on TNT mic duty... or is that a tactic reserved for the south coast only?  

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

Maybe try and get League and play off matches run first then run any other comps at 5he end of the season, just a thought.

They seemed to prioritise the bsn trophy this season early on. A lot of league matches got kicked down the road for that. I sort of see why because seems daft having a final for a trophy qualified for in spring in October. But if the outcome is a highly unsatisfying ending like teams qualifying/ knocked out of the one competition that matters because of the weather then I think it was a mistake 

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

I think next season should be better organised fixture wise, with 14 or so teams in one league (not sure how many will drop to NDL and how many will run in the whatever it's called "one league").

________________00000000000_____________

Fixture planning should be much less of a challenge in 2024 whatever the League and Cup formats 'cos theres only the Olympics and Euro Footie fixtures to avoid!!!!!!:rolleyes: