British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Vs Redcar, play offs 230923

Jaizer

So had quick look on couple weather apps I see little chance of speedway in Glasgow Tuesday or Redcar on Wednesday. Which match then becomes priority? As Redcar now eliminated do bspl just try and get Glasgow Vs Oxford on the rest of the week until there's a break in the weather? And if happen to get Redcar match in so be it?

8 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So had quick look on couple weather apps I see little chance of speedway in Glasgow Tuesday or Redcar on Wednesday. Which match then becomes priority? As Redcar now eliminated do bspl just try and get Glasgow Vs Oxford on the rest of the week until there's a break in the weather? And if happen to get Redcar match in so be it?

Would think if Tuesday is off it takes priority as it's the first one. If we go for Friday and Redcar is off, do they get Saturday? 

3 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Would think if Tuesday is off it takes priority as it's the first one. If we go for Friday and Redcar is off, do they get Saturday? 

Who knows. As usual bspl dug a hole without thinking of every eventuality. I know I get it we don't want to be going into November and the ko cup has still to get run. But it's just mental. 

50 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

You would think the clowns in charge couldn’t outdo themselves on the buffoonery meter , but no season after season they soar to new levels of complete incompetence that you wouldn’t see in a carry on film.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

We have to win both matches, so until at least one has taken place, both are equally important. Thursday is out for the Oxford match (Sam Masters), so Friday would be an option. Redcar can't host on Saturday.

Sunday is October...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

We have to win both matches, so until at least one has taken place, both are equally important. Thursday is out for the Oxford match (Sam Masters), so Friday would be an option. Redcar can't host on Saturday.

Sunday is October...

It makes me wonder why Robbo's testimonial was allowed to be staged, means Redcar can't race on Saturday.

I'm not saying Robbo shouldn't get his testimonial, just that it could have been held in one of the many free days mid-season

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It makes me wonder why Robbo's testimonial was allowed to be staged, means Redcar can't race on Saturday.

I'm not saying Robbo shouldn't get his testimonial, just that it could have been held in one of the many free days mid-season

Nope. His Farewell meeting has to take place before or after a certain date (can't remember what the dates are) early season or late season.  Lets not forget this is the FIFTH attempt to run the meeting.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't forget the summer / jubilee trophy from last year. Fans paid to watch qualifying matches, but one team pulled out of the final, which still hasn't been raced!

Good point about that cancellation.. but that said u can't compare a jumped up made up one off trophy to the bread & butter week in week out league champions trophy I'm sorry but u just can't...

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

Nope. His Farewell meeting has to take place before or after a certain date (can't remember what the dates are) early season or late season.  Lets not forget this is the FIFTH attempt to run the meeting.

Poole were able to hold Middlo's testimonial mid-season (August last year). Plus they announced earlier in the year, they could run mid season, but didn't think they'd get a suitable field I believe?

I'm sure fans would turn up for Robbo even if it didn't have strong riders in it?

8 hours ago, Barabas said:

Good point about that cancellation.. but that said u can't compare a jumped up made up one off trophy to the bread & butter week in week out league champions trophy I'm sorry but u just can't...

It is a trophy that has been staged almost every season since 1997. Just it's name changes every few years which is a bit silly (not to mention the BSPA promoting it as an exciting new competition when we all know it's the same old regional leagues plus knock-out).